rega brio r vs rega brio 2017 vs nad c368

nandac

I bought a nad d3020 but unfortunately the bluetooth didn't work properly so I returned it. So looking for a new amp.

Rega brio r is selling for $650 brand new here in the usa.

The newer brio is selling for $995 - though a dealer (who has great rep online and audiogon) says he will sell it (brand new sealed) to me for $750 (is that even possible?)

The nad c368 which sells for $900 is class D and has a built in bluetooth which I dont need to spend extra for in case I buy either of the above Regas and has great reviews. Also the NAD seems voltage friendly - ie I can use it in India as well without any conversion adaptor.

Speakers are Dali Mentor Menuet.

Wonder how much of the Rega's price tag is due to it being 'Made in England'. So is it really VFM?

Appreciate insights from forum members about which is the better amp and which will go well with above speakers (and versatile enough to drive other speakers as well) and other relevant factors.

Last edited:
There are so many usa company options then why to pay more for a British product. In India the situation is different , very few Indian audiophile brands and lack of marketing because of which people are unaware of the band's available here.
Go for a good usa brand.

which usa brand are you referring to?

nad is canadian.

also as long as the company has a good rep, the specs match and the price is right, origin of manufacture is not really an issue.

Rega & NAD both are different in there build structure and tonality.I will recommend Rega only at any time when you compare it with NAD.Rega will be a bit higher than NAD.in all the way.
Important think is what kind of music you loved to listen.If it is soft classical one then
you have other options like NAIM,CYRUS
Also look on Rocksan,Exposure many more are there but check above items are available within your budget.If possible try to demo with different amplifier with your favorite songs.

Frankly I don't like naim. I have a nait 5i2 which I used with dynaudio excite 12 and sonus faber concertinos - did nothing to me. Roksan and Cyrus are not available here in USA.

My concern about the rega is whether it is over priced because it is made in England and also whether it is aimed at a niche turntable/phono market. BTW I only use CDs or FLAC files.

BTW this new breed of digital amps from NAD apparently is quite different from their standard offerings.

I mostly listen to Rock, pop, blues and jazz.

Truly Rega Brio is overpriced thats very correct most of all very well known brands are overpriced.IF it made in UK or USA its price will be very high.

I have used both dynaudio excite 12 & sonus faber concertinos in which dynaudio excite 12 is the worst speaker to match I have paired it with many amps and it simply worst.But
sonus faber concertinos is very easy to drive and enjoyable.I have used it with cyrus and audio analogue puccini integrated amplifier both works great.

Try below link they are very good one and made from USA try to get a demo if possible

Odyssey Audio. Call us (317) 299 5578. IN, USA.

Could you please let me know the Dealer name in USA who offer Rega Brio 2017 for $750. ?

Thanks in Advance

I bought a nad d3020 but unfortunately the bluetooth didn't work properly so I returned it. So looking for a new amp.

Rega brio r is selling for $650 brand new here in the usa.

The newer brio is selling for $995 - though a dealer (who has great rep online and audiogon) says he will sell it (brand new sealed) to me for $750 (is that even possible?)

The nad c368 which sells for $900 is class D and has a built in bluetooth which I dont need to spend extra for in case I buy either of the above Regas and has great reviews. Also the NAD seems voltage friendly - ie I can use it in India as well without any conversion adaptor.

Speakers are Dali Mentor Menuet.

Wonder how much of the Rega's price tag is due to it being 'Made in England'. So is it really VFM?

Appreciate insights from forum members about which is the better amp and which will go well with above speakers (and versatile enough to drive other speakers as well) and other relevant factors.

Thanks @mpw. I will reach the Dealer for the Rega Brio price.

I had a chance to audition them with a Elac B6 speakers . Thats a nice combo when they Dealer played a Original Audio track , also it shows the flaws in bad recording as well.

Would be glad to know what are the best combination of speakers that I can consider for this Solid Amp.

Cheers
Balaji

Signature sound at Liverpool NY is a Rega dealer. A nice gent.

Considering that you are in the USA, you can pick up very good amps on ebay for not too much outlay. In my humble opinion, you can actually make a killing with a budget of USD 750/-. The brand's I would consider will be :

Nuprime
Peachtree audio
Wyred4sound
Parasound
Nad

As regarding the rega, it is not overpriced, as it is priced similarly in the UK. And if you don't like the sound of class D nad amps, then one more British brand to consider will be Cambridge audio. A very VFM company.

Since Dali's are not difficult to drive, you can also look at the marantz HAD amp 1. This is getting rave reviews all over. All the best :)

Hello dear audiophiles! Hope u r doing fine.
I m new in the forum. Just ordered a rega brio 2017. Now looking for a good floorstander to match the amp. My budget is around $800.
I have heard good review about Tannoy Precision 6.2. My question is whether rega brio would be capable of running tannoy precision 6.2.
Tannoy impedance is 8ohm, 89db. Rega is capable of delivering 50w/ch, both channel driven.
In tannoy spec sheet it is suggested that amp power is to be 20-175 watt.
What is your openion? Pls help..

Rega

Hello dear audiophiles! Hope u r doing fine.
I m new in the forum. Just ordered a rega brio 2017. Now looking for a good floorstander to match the amp. My budget is around $800.
I have heard good review about Tannoy Precision 6.2. My question is whether rega brio would be capable of running tannoy precision 6.2.
Tannoy impedance is 8ohm, 89db. Rega is capable of delivering 50w/ch, both channel driven.
In tannoy spec sheet it is suggested that amp power is to be 20-175 watt.
What is your openion? Pls help..

Rega

On paper it should be a good match.

Have not heard it so cant say anything about the sound.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back