Rega RP1 Belt Replacement

acemachine26

Any idea where I might find a replacement belt for my Rega RP1 in Bangalore? Or maybe somewhere online? I heard the white belt is an upgrade over the stock one. Also are there any cheaper alternatives to Rega's own belt that would work in the RP1?

You may contact Tusker Audio Mr. Harsha is the owner .... very amenable person....
Thank you!! Didn't know there was an official Rega dealer in Bangalore. Will come in handy if I plan to upgrade my platter later on. The cost of the belt seemed a bit too high on their site so I ordered a non-Rega replacement from the UK for a fraction of the cost. Let's see how it goes :)

Ya, you can negotiate a bit with him .... but you cannot buy original Rega as they don't allow other channels beyond their distributor ,here being Tusker Audio...

Acemachine, would love to know your experience with the off brand belts. I'm told the Rega EBLT belt is made of significantly superior materials. Each belt is molded on our highly accurate custom tooling using a unique secret blend. Once molded, the belts are cryogenically frozen and barreled to remove any excess flash in order to create perfect cross sectional roundness which is critical for accurate speed and stability. In normal use and conditions, the lifespan of the EBLT drive belt is 50% longer than the previous model. All Reference belts go through a unique curing process which guarantees the highest achievable level of accuracy. It is priced at $75 in the US and while it is not cheap..you don't really need to change the belts often. Rega has jacked up their prices significantly over the last two years and it has become quite expensive these days.
Jit

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back