Regarding DAC

sgmkumar1972

Hello Forum Members,

Greetings of the day ,

I plan to purchase Wiim Mini & DACfor music listening , I have an Marantz Vintage amp ,

Could you please guide for good budget DAC ( my budget is 20 to 25K )

Thank you

S, Ganesa Muthu Kumar

Hello Forum Members,

Greetings of the day ,

I plan to purchase Wiim Mini & DACfor music listening , I have an Marantz Vintage amp ,

Thank you

S, Ganesa Muthu Kumar
SMSL SU-1 (7.5k) with allo nirvana smps (3k) or shanti LPS (9k)

If you believe in impeccable measurements - go for something like the topping or SMSL.
Otherwise - FiiO, Schiit are also great options.

Absolutely right, if you buy Allo Shanti it has got two independent 5V outputs which can be used to power both your wiim mini and DAC (Smsl SU-1, Topping E30/E50, ifi Zen 1 Signature)
it is not possible to power both from the AllO Shanthi as one output is only rated for 1amp. The 1 amp output is of lower noise profile, and is mainly used to independently power daughter boards attached to the pi.

it is not possible to power both from the AllO Shanthi as one output is only rated for 1amp. The 1 amp output is of lower noise profile, and is mainly used to independently power daughter boards attached to the pi.
I'm powering my digione signature clean side and modi 3+ from 1amp output using a DC splitter.

Hello Forum Members,

Greetings of the day ,

Thank you

S, Ganesa Muthu Kumar
In case your vintage amp doesn't have IR remote for volume control, you need to look for a DAC with pre-amp or volume controls.

For the budget you have mentioned, I just did a quick search on Headphone Zone and found these 4 to have volume control.
The Fiio BTA 30 Prod and Ifi Zen Signature v2 doesn't have a IR remote. The SMSL D6 and SU6 have IR remote control.
Product Compare (headphonezone.in)

I am sure you can find plenty other options on shenzhenaudio.com (which has worldwide free shipping) but they don't have local after sales support. You will have to bear the shipping costs to send them the device in case of repairs.

For the budget you have mentioned, I just did a quick search on Headphone Zone and found these 4 to have volume control.
The Fiio BTA 30 Prod and Ifi Zen Signature v2 doesn't have a IR remote. The SMSL D6 and SU6 have IR remote control.
Product Compare (headphonezone.in)

I am sure you can find plenty other options on shenzhenaudio.com (which has worldwide free shipping) but they don't have local after sales support. You will have to bear the shipping costs to send them the device in case of repairs.
Thank for your inputs

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back