Subwoofer volume controller

sgmkumar1972

Hello ,
Greetings to ever one,
I am currently using separate system for music listening , DAC + Stereo amp + subwoofer connected through DAC RCA output,

I am facing an issue is with different type of songs bass is changing ,so everytime I have to go and reduce the volume is subwoofer, I have reduce the cross over also.

Kindly guide me how to control bass in subwoofer .

Thank you,

Ganesa Muthu Kumar S

Hello ,
Greetings to ever one,
I am currently using separate system for music listening , DAC + Stereo amp + subwoofer connected through DAC RCA output,

I am facing an issue is with different type of songs bass is changing ,so everytime I have to go and reduce the volume is subwoofer, I have reduce the cross over also.

Thank you,

Ganesa Muthu Kumar S

Please provide details of subwoofer model and brand. We will then be able to understand better and provide some jugaad.

Unlike an AVR which dynamically adjust the volume levels (some high end models), when using Subwoofers with a stereo amp, volume cant be controlled and hence the only option besides some workarounds which still need to be searched is getting a subwoofer which has a remote to control the volume. The latest SVS SB 1000 pro can be controlled via App on phones where you can do on the go adjustments during playback.

Unlike an AVR which dynamically adjust the volume levels (some high end models), when using Subwoofers with a stereo amp, volume cant be controlled and hence the only option besides some workarounds which still need to be searched is getting a subwoofer which has a remote to control the volume. The latest SVS SB 1000 pro can be controlled via App on phones where you can do on the go adjustments during playback.
Thank for your reply,

This is the idea ,but currently I don't have budget to get SVS sub,

Until then I have to do adjust volume manually.

Thank for your suggestion 🙏

Thank for your reply,

This is the idea ,but currently I don't have budget to get SVS sub,

Until then I have to do adjust volume manually.

Thank for your suggestion 🙏

Will hunt for some simple cost effective jugaad if available and share

This could be an option with long RCA wires......can be kept near the listening area where seated.

Last edited:
Hello ,
Greetings to ever one,

Thank you,

Ganesa Muthu Kumar S
Yes all tracks are mastered different. Some have heavy bass while others will have none. Even different streaming services will have different bass levels. So it's all about how you tune your system that will be the best compromise for the kind of tracks that you listen to.

MaSh

The method of connecting the sub woofer is wrong.
Connect the sub woofer using the speaker terminals from your amplifier and into the High Level inputs behind your sub woofer. Also called Speaker level input. You'll basically run two pairs of speakers cables. One goes to your speakers, a second pair to your Boston sub

Follow the instructions on your sub woofer manual for Gain, LFE and Cross over control. Its possible gain knob will be disabled when connected via Speaker level input as this is to be expected.

This method of connection ensures an even signal level, as is sent your main speaker.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back