Regarding Pioneer SC LX87 AV Receiver

aakashchauhan

Hello Guys,

I'm looking for an AVR for the last 4-5 months as my current receiver (Pioneer vsx522K) was dead and since then looking to get a good receiver. Found a used Pioneer SC LX87 which is very less used, so just wanted to know how is this receiver and how much it should cost?
Current speakers: Wharfedale Dimond series (9.5 Tower, 9.1 rear & 9.CS center channel speaker).

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for an AVR for the last 4-5 months as my current receiver (Pioneer vsx522K) was dead and since then looking to get a good receiver. Found a used Pioneer SC LX87 which is very less used, so just wanted to know how is this receiver and how much it should cost?
Current speakers: Wharfedale Dimond series (9.5 Tower, 9.1 rear & 9.CS center channel speaker).

8 series is a good range in pioneer. Lx is high end series too. I bought the midrange 817 recently without hdmi, it seems real good so far. How much you are getting it for?

For that price u might get denon 9 channel second hand. It would make sense if it was 35k.

the price you quote what I was thinking initially but i'm not able to find any used good receiver from Marantz or Denon or any other brands. As i said above, looking for one from the last 4-5 months in Delhi or even in other cities as well.:(

Actually from August Pioneer might reopen it's inventory in India. Service network might improve too. But until then the one in production and is in market active circulation is recommended like Denon if you are paying a fairly good price. My vsx 817 was just a below 15k old horse. So I took the chance. 55k worth chance for a company not in active production is not so desirable.

the price you quote what I was thinking initially but i'm not able to find any used good receiver from Marantz or Denon or any other brands. As i said above, looking for one from the last 4-5 months in Delhi or even in other cities as well.:(

Check this SR5015 96k.....bargain where possible after demo / relevant checks

Denon

Do these older avrs have 4k dolby vision pass through via firestick or is it required to connect firestick directly to tv?

Thanks.

How do you know it has not been used much?
Keep in mind that you are buying a model from 2013. Thats 9 years old!
In the world of AV electronics like HT Receivers, the value of these things depreciate by 50% by the 3 year mark.
If you must buy it, pay no more than 20k INR.

Keep in mind that for Rs. 10,000 more, you get a more up to date LX303. Its not the absolute latest but you're better off with this than something thats almost a decade old.

These Olx sellers are absolute fools to think they can ask for so much, for a receiver so old.

My friend had a Marantz 6015 can offer it for last for 37. Everything works. With remote only. Interested ? Of course will check with my friend also.

My friend had a Marantz 6015 can offer it for last for 37. Everything works. With remote only. Interested ? Of course will check with my friend also.
There are people in this group willing to buy those for even 60k. Why is he quoting so low?

I was th
There are people in this group willing to buy those for even 60k. Why is he quoting so low?
Nothing to be suspicious about. :) My friend is a HT noob and I bought it for him in BLR and hand carried it for him to TCR. I bought it for 37 hence the killer price. I have friends there who help me source good stuff at a reasonable price. Hence was offering this. Anyways he plans to build the HT so not selling. But something else killer comes up will let know.

I have friends there who help me source good stuff at a reasonable price
Thats a bargain. You definitely want to hold onto friends like this, for life.
I am not a potential customer.
Out of curiosity, where was this unit bought from? Is it a 110 volt unit?
A 6015 still retails for $2000 USD. The suggested sale price is a bit hard to digest in a world thats generally greedy for money.

Thats a bargain. You definitely want to hold onto friends like this, for life.
I am not a potential customer.
Out of curiosity, where was this unit bought from? Is it a 110 volt unit?
A 6015 still retails for $2000 USD. The suggested sale price is a bit hard to digest in a world thats generally greedy for money.
When something is too good to be true , either it’s not true or something fishy.

Nothing fishy. I checked and bought it. My friend and their friends change stuff like we change boxers. You just have to wait. :) Waited and checked it myself and bought it. No hanky panky here. Even my avr was bought from them in ,2004 for 48 when the going was 83. So there.

Nothing fishy. I checked and bought it. My friend and their friends change stuff like we change boxers. You just have to wait. :) Waited and checked it myself and bought it. No hanky panky here. Even my avr was bought from them in ,2004 for 48 when the going was 83. So there.
do you still have it?
u in delhi?
want to take a demo if you dont mind.

I have been very happy with an SC-LX57. Using since long.
Speakers are Dali Zensor 3 fronts, Zensor Vokal centre and Zensor 1 surrounds

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back