Regarding the inverter

rohit4444

Hi,

I would like to buy an inverter. Load is

3 fans
3 tube lights
1 tv or 1 computer

I zeroed in on Sukam inverter 850 VA (Shiny series) or Luminous inverter 875 VA.

I have contacted the dealers. They have quoted the following prices:

Sukam 850VA(Shiny or falcon) + Sukam battery (100 AH) + installation ---> 13,000 rupees

Luminous 875 VA + Luminous battery (100 AH) + installation -->
13,000 rupees.

Dealer has suggested luminous is better compared to sukam as it has
1. MCB technology i.e the fuse gets switch off during overload. While sukam has fuse which may burns out during overload

2. Luminous 120 AH battery is of tubular technology and it is more reliable. With luminous 120 AH battery he quoted the total price (inverter + battery + installation) as 14000 rupees.

Also service wise they are both same.

I have the following doubts:

1. Is sukam batteries are reliable. I found in internet they are not so reliable and doesnt have good battery life

Finally do i need to go for sukam shiny or falcon inverter + luminous 120 AH battery. Can you please suggest. I was very confused which ones to take. Can you please reply me soon. Its urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

-- Rohit

Go with Luminous with an Exide Tubular VRLA battery ..... using it for the last 4 years ... still going strong. Water top-up required once ... every year.

Hi,

I would like to buy an inverter. Load is

3 fans
3 tube lights
1 tv or 1 computer

I zeroed in on Sukam inverter 850 VA (Shiny series) or Luminous inverter 875 VA.

I have contacted the dealers. They have quoted the following prices:

Sukam 850VA(Shiny or falcon) + Sukam battery (100 AH) + installation ---> 13,000 rupees

Luminous 875 VA + Luminous battery (100 AH) + installation -->
13,000 rupees.

Dealer has suggested luminous is better compared to sukam as it has
1. MCB technology i.e the fuse gets switch off during overload. While sukam has fuse which may burns out during overload

2. Luminous 120 AH battery is of tubular technology and it is more reliable. With luminous 120 AH battery he quoted the total price (inverter + battery + installation) as 14000 rupees.

Also service wise they are both same.

I have the following doubts:

1. Is sukam batteries are reliable. I found in internet they are not so reliable and doesnt have good battery life

Finally do i need to go for sukam shiny or falcon inverter + luminous 120 AH battery. Can you please suggest. I was very confused which ones to take. Can you please reply me soon. Its urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

-- Rohit

is it an lcd or plasma ??

also will you be using all of them togather ???

if yes then whats the wattage of the pc drawm in regular operation.

besides the pc pasrt rest all is good in 850 however if you intend to user all of them together and maybe some day pc and tv together i somehow feel the invertor will give you the overload beep..

please check the wattage and decide accordingly. else look forward for a 1000va to be on the safer side.

either of the battery is fine however amaron does excel...

Luminous 850VA inverter with EXIDE IT TUBULAR 150Ah battery will suffice your needs provided the TV and PC are not used simultanously. Battery will require distilled water top-up once in every 6-8 months. I have been using this setup without any problem for the last 3 years for almost the same type of requirements as you.

My 2 cents from experience :)

Please also check APC 850A sinewave inverter. It is very reliable and from a reputed brand. I am happy with it. Not sure about the current price.

-Sunil

Hi theironhorse

Please find my answers

is it an lcd or plasma ?? LCD tv

also will you be using all of them togather ??? No

Dont know about the wattage. I have a desktop pc with LCD monitor.

Also I have the following doubt.

If i use 1 light and 1 or 2 fans and TV and PC together then Is 850 or 875 VA is sufficient? Please let me know.

Hi theironhorse

Please find my answers

is it an lcd or plasma ?? LCD tv

also will you be using all of them togather ??? No

Dont know about the wattage. I have a desktop pc with LCD monitor.

Also I have the following doubt.

If i use 1 light and 1 or 2 fans and TV and PC together then Is 850 or 875 VA is sufficient? Please let me know.

pc and lcd together will consume around 500 watts when pc at idle and a non gaming pc.

3 fans + 3 tubes + lcd will work fine if you are sure both the pc and lcd will not be used together 850 is more than sufficient else go for 1000 to use both of them together along with a fan + tube

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back