Region Free 4K Blu-Ray Player Suggestions ?

Just an info in case you do not know: All UHDs are region free, they are not region locked.
So in general you need a 4K player which is region unlocked for regular Blu-Rays and DVDs.
But, a simpler (and may be cheaper) solution for you would be to buy a region free regular Blu-Ray player and buy (or import) a cheaper 4K player without worrying about the region.

Just an info in case you do not know: All UHDs are region free, they are not region locked.
So in general you need a 4K player which is region unlocked for regular Blu-Rays and DVDs.
But, a simpler (and may be cheaper) solution for you would be to buy a region free regular Blu-Ray player and buy (or import) a cheaper 4K player without worrying about the region.

+1 to that. All you need is a basic RF BDP which you can have for around $100. Spend the rest on your main gear!

What is the use of a 4k player when the TV is capable of playing via USB.
The USB Modes will be limited to sound processing and sometimes it can't accept a large file size > 25GB via TV . In case if you have a dedicated Home Theatre setup , a bluray players are good to have .

What is the use of a 4k player when the TV is capable of playing via USB.
If you remember 4K TVs in 2013-15, even Sony make were incapable of playing 4K contents via USB. So as long as your 4K contents are being played in TV's USB port, you dont need any additional player. But when your TV doesn't support some formats in future, you have to take help of a player. But your TV will be capable of displaying video signal.

Any idea on Xbox one S being region free player.

I am planning to buy one, it can play 4K blurays.

UDP203 is for 699$

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
I Bought my OPPO UDP-203 from the OPPO India Official website, www.oppodigital.in

The player was for 75K, The player is region free on their website. I Did have to pay a bit more from the US price, the company mentioned due to Higher Taxes & Duties in India. I received my player with a Nice UHD Disc of Wonder Woman with the player free, with a letter from the company saying Thank you for your purchase and hope you enjoy your Holidays. I know I paid a higher price but I got Official 2 year Indian warranty that too with the region free modification.

I Bought my OPPO UDP-203 from the OPPO India Official website, www.oppodigital.in

The player was for 75K, The player is region free on their website. I Did have to pay a bit more from the US price, the company mentioned due to Higher Taxes & Duties in India. I received my player with a Nice UHD Disc of Wonder Woman with the player free, with a letter from the company saying Thank you for your purchase and hope you enjoy your Holidays. I know I paid a higher price but I got Official 2 year Indian warranty that too with the region free modification.
Congrats on your purchase. Please do post a detailed review of the player, covering topics like file formats supported via USB, Dolby Vision experience etc. It will help all of us. So far we are missing a review by an Indian consumer.

But i think for people under budget should go for Sony UBP-X800 now its cost is been reduced for $150 its a steel if some one visits US you can ask them to bring one, i read some review saying it can support up to 4TB HDD through USB and also it reads almost all format files like HDR 10bit & H.265 files for high quality videos, it support Dolby Atmos & DTS-X audio format, it also plays Hi Res Audio for music lovers, well even though its not gonna be region free, most of the Blu-ray DVD's we buy online supports ABC Region only thing we should let go is DVD Disc, I've an 4k 55" SDR TV which supports almost all video formats through USB but it does not support HDR & HEVC files I am planning for this player so it can support and it also converts HDR to SDR very good which will actually look better than SDR on SDR display, it is also rated one among the top best 5 players of 2017, we are so unlucky, in India there is no launch of 4k player, please give in your thoughts & please find the link bellow,
http://blog.son-video.com/en/2017/03/review-sony-ubp-x800/
https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-blu-ray-players

well 4k blu ray model in player, i will suggest you that go for oppo and Sony series. these are expensive but also give you best output in term of quality

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back