Region free Blu ray players

Hi,

I wish to know which blu ray players are region free. The Oppo bdp 103 and 105 are, but I am looking for cheaper region free players without compromising on video playback quality. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Instead of buying a single inexpensive player made region free, I suggest opting for different Blu-Ray players, one for each region of which you intend to play discs.

I use a Toshiba BDX-1100 with region-free firmware patch. There are other Toshiba models which can be patched to be region-free (BDX-3300 is one). Yamaha has a region-free model marketed for India at Rs.17,000/-. I do not remember the model number. Kaiboer sells region-free bluray players in India.

If you can arrange some friend to bring it from USA or some other way..then I think Sony BDP-S6200 is the best region free BD player option. And it doesn't cost much ($150) considering the price of other region free BD players.
I am planning to buy the same in next few months...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPMCO14/

Here is the link explaining the method to make this player region free:
Sony BDP-S6200 region code

If you can arrange some friend to bring it from USA or some other way..then I think Sony BDP-S6200 is the best region free BD player option. And it doesn't cost much ($150) considering the price of other region free BD players.
I am planning to buy the same in next few months...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPMCO14/

Here is the link explaining the method to make this player region free:
Sony BDP-S6200 region code

The hack you have mentioned is only for making it region free for DVD playback!

I concur with FM Shivam's suggestion. Buy two BDPs - one with region A/1 and other with B/2. (A & B for BDs and 1 & 2 for DVDs). Apart from a little clutter, it will be far more cheaper and better option.

The hack you have mentioned is only for making it region free for DVD playback!
qc88rx

Back