Region of Blu ray movies

idlebrain

Hi Friends..

Is Big Home Video/Sony Blu-ray movies are region free?

I checked Dark Knight from big home video, it doesn't mentioned any region on the back of the cover.

Landmark is offering 20% off on BigHome and buy one get one on Sony for 1799/-.

Regards
Satya.

Saw most of the BluRay disks in Landmark Mumbai having a sticker mentioning Region A,B,C. I suppose it means they are Region Free...

Hi Friends..

Is Big Home Video/Sony Blu-ray movies are region free?

I checked Dark Knight from big home video, it doesn't mentioned any region on the back of the cover.

Landmark is offering 20% off on BigHome and buy one get one on Sony for 1799/-.

Regards
Satya.

Yes at present Sony and Big Entertainment are releasing region free blu ray disks and only Excel are releasing region locked disks i.e to region C.

Yes at present Sony and Big Entertainment are releasing region free blu ray disks and only Excel are releasing region locked disks i.e to region C.

Thanks Ashish.

All new releases of EXCEL are locked to Region C or B&C. Sony and BIG Disks are region free.

Considering the less availability and High prices of Blu ray players in India, its foolishness on the part of EXCEL to lock their Disks to Region C, unless their target customers are PS3.

what is the split of BDs avaiable in India between Sony, Big and Excel....as in how much of an issue will it be for me if I buy a BD player from the US to use in India?

what is the split of BDs avaiable in India between Sony, Big and Excel....as in how much of an issue will it be for me if I buy a BD player from the US to use in India?

Its not recommended to buy a player at this point of time from US as the market is maturing fast in India itself and there is a large number of BD pentration during the Diwali season and in seeing the present seniario I can bet that by the next Diwali the prices and variety will increase manyfold. After buying a player from US which would not play any other region DVD/BD unless moded and with the decreasing rates of BDs as well as BD Players its not recommended to buy another region player. Also as I know that you don't want to watch a movie twice which would tempt you in the favour of renting BD's and in keeping the present and future senario into consideration there would be a good inflow of Indian BD's which sometimes might be locked to region C.

Good news is that the New breed of Players from Sony, Philips and LG are launched at a reduced price, for Eg: Philips start from 16K and Sony's BDP S-360 is avaliable for 17K whereas LG is for 18.5K

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back