REL lover, hurry up !

OM_2K19

I had a quick chat with the REL dealer today (Prince AV Concepts) regarding the availability of the Ti series. As per him, the Ti series has been discontinued and had been replaced with the Tx series. He quoted 80K for T5x and 1.25K for T7x. However, there are a few T7i is left for 95k. If anyone is in the market for REL, don't miss this opportunity and grab one of the last remaining T7i subs.

The price is not low. It is the old one quoted... Please note the dealers are always greedy... They never allow you to grab a deal...
Agreed. T7i used to retail around £600. 95k is a bit higher side. However, T7x is currently retailing around £1000. That said, Rs.1.25k sounds fair.

Prices have shot up for almost everything.
To give you some context, a Pioneer VSX-1122K used to cost <50k INR in 2015. This was their flagship non LX model in 2015. This sort of budget today gets you no more than a Denon AVR650H, which is at the bottom of the lineup.
Similarly, an Emotiva Gen 1 XPA 5 used to cost 70K INR shipped, including customs. Good luck buying one today at 2x that cost.
The prices reflected today are pretty much inflation and our crazy high import duties. I don't mind supporting a local business but nobody makes anything remotely close to this in India.

The prices reflected today are pretty much inflation and our crazy high import duties.
Agree in general. However, in the given context, we are talking about just 6 months back where prices of T9i were substantially lower than quoted T7i in fact at almost quoted t5i.

Across globe mostly everyone tries to clear discontinued products at a throwaway price but for here.

The product is only as good as its price. REL was attractive for the price it was going. They don't seem to be VFM anymore. But then most subs brand have atrocious pricing in India.

Last edited:
Across globe mostly everyone tries to clear discontinued products at a throwaway price but for here.
But then most subs brand have atrocious pricing in India.
Its a bit hard to say what dealers in other parts of the world pay for duties unless you're actually on the ground.
We don't have the concept of selling discontinued products at fat discounts. For our dealers, its more a, lets just make money while we can. We have a large enough population who could not care less and just pay what dealers are asking.
This may be an opportunity to explore cheaper subs (or dual sub) available on the market such as JBL or even our local Sonodyne. Sure, it won't be a REL (many cannot afford a 100k sub) but you are saving a whole lot.

The price quoted is atrocious for a discontinued model. In fact, I picked T5i at nearly 60% of its current price and few other FMs also picked T9i at current MRP of T5x.
I think its how the product is perceived by the consumer in India, rather than its actual value-for-price tag.
Having heard multiple subs at this price point, i think RELs at this price are not justified. Think subs from JL audio and Rythmik are by far better value for money.
I dont say RELs are not good, but not good enough for the current price. At least the Tx series as you get better subs at this price.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back