REL Subwoofer For Music Only!

alankar1977

Hello Members,

I would like to know if anyone has experience with REL subwoofers with "Electrostatic Speakers - Quad, Martin Logan, Magnepan and Cadence ? I listen to 2 channel stereo only. Would be great to have some opinions.

Thanks,
Alankar

Last edited:
What's your experience with T9i?
Easiest sub to integrate with whichever speaker I've tried it with (4 different sets so far) cuz it's incredibly fast and articulate and keeps up with the main speakers. For reference, my erstwhile Yamma NS-SW300 seemed to produce the frequencies almost a millenia after the T9i had done it's thing and moved on to the next note. The high level connection is to be reckoned with and it really helps in going the extra mile in integrating the sub with the loudspeakers, so much so that if done right (which is pretty easy to get right), you can't detect the sub at all.

My Quad S5s are sealed speakers with fast and tight bass and the T9i keeps up with it without breaking a sweat.

Easiest sub to integrate with whichever speaker I've tried it with (4 different sets so far) cuz it's incredibly fast and articulate and keeps up with the main speakers. For reference, my erstwhile Yamma NS-SW300 seemed to produce the frequencies almost a millenia after the T9i had done it's thing and moved on to the next note. The high level connection is to be reckoned with and it really helps in going the extra mile in integrating the sub with the loudspeakers, so much so that if done right (which is pretty easy to get right), you can't detect the sub at all.

My Quad S5s are sealed speakers with fast and tight bass and the T9i keeps up with it without breaking a sweat.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. How much do they retail for? Does it have a 60 day return policy in India?

Hello Members,

I would like to know if anyone has experience with REL subwoofers with "Electrostatic Speakers - Quad, Martin Logan, Magnepan and Cadence ? I listen to 2 channel stereo only. Would be great to have some opinions.

Thanks,
Alankar
I have heard a pair of REL Strata 3s with Maggie's in Singapore and the owner swears by the high level connection as well.

Martin Logan speakers sound excellent with their integrated subwoofers. They make a big deal about the subwoofer Integration and say their stand alone subwoofers have the same speed.

I too am inclined towards either of these two brands. T9i prices have jumped in the last six months. Fellow forum member Analogous has posted his experience regarding the ML Dynamo 800.

Rhythmik subs especially the F12 is also mentioned for its speed

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. How much do they retail for? Does it have a 60 day return policy in India?
You won't even get a 60 mins return policy in India :D

I have been using the Rel S2 subs for 2.5 years & love them for music & movies.

The S2 is now replaced with the S510 which looks awesome. The T9i is a lovely sub, get it if you can.

Cheers.

I use a REL T5/i with Rethm Trishnas. These are not electrostats (they're full rangers with an isobaric subwoofer in each speaker), but they are pretty fast, and the REL keeps up very well. RELs are also easy to set up and integrate.

this guy does some pretty decent reviews of stuff that he has experienced around in this hobby to which he is pretty nascent. Have a look at his review of the fresh T5xs.

it looks like the T9x also dropped. However, im a bit of suspicious about the bonafides of this guy who has reviewed it :p

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I should have know better regarding 60 days return policy :). An extended home demo should also workout fine. Will surely consider ML Dynamo & Rhythmik as well, though I am a little biased towards REL. BTW, my speakers are Avita's & Diva's from Cadence Audio.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I should have know better regarding 60 days return policy :). An extended home demo should also workout fine. Will surely consider ML Dynamo & Rhythmik as well, though I am a little biased towards REL. BTW, my speakers are Avita's & Diva's from Cadence Audio.
Whoa!! I hadn't realised that the Avita's had been reviewed by an international publication - Hi Fi Choice!!!

Would love to audition these some time!

On another note, certain Indian companies are indeed offering a 7/14/30 day home trial.

Last edited:
Whoa!! I hadn't realised that the Avita's had been reviewed by an international publication - Hi Fi Choice!!!

Would love to audition these some time!

On another note, certain Indian companies are indeed offering a 7/14/30 day home trial.
Can you tell us the name of the companies that are offering in-home trial, as it will help us in future purchase.

You won't even get a 60 mins return policy in India :D

I have been using the Rel S2 subs for 2.5 years & love them for music & movies.

The S2 is now replaced with the S510 which looks awesome. The T9i is a lovely sub, get it if you can.

Cheers.
How do you find the S2 are vs the T9i. If you could get one or the other right now, because they both sell for around the same price used, which one would you get? Thx!

How do you find the S2 are vs the T9i. If you could get one or the other right now, because they both sell for around the same price used, which one would you get? Thx!
S2/T9i is no longer available is replaced by S510/T9x series. If you are looking for a sub that performs equally well in Movies/Music, try their new HT series, especially the 15" preditor one. You won't be disappointed.

Well the S2 is a lovely sub, its more fine tuned for music then movies compare to the T9i. I got them approx 3 years back for abit more in price then the T9i. It being the S Series will be better in build quality too. I don't know about the USA stock but the Uk version that was sold in India at that time are made in the UK. I would still take the S2 even today over the T9i.

Cheers.

Well the S2 is a lovely sub, its more fine tuned for music then movies compare to the T9i. I got them approx 3 years back for abit more in price then the T9i. It being the S Series will be better in build quality too. I don't know about the USA stock but the Uk version that was sold in India at that time are made in the UK. I would still take the S2 even today over the T9i.

Cheers.
I got the Tx 7 sub but now looking to get S.i have a pair of S2 I can get or the S510. I saw you went from S2 to S510. Do you think the S510 is a noticeable improvement and better sub to get? The price difference for a pair is $1300 USD between the two. Spend the extra $1300 get 510 or stick with S2? Thank you

REL was my first choice being sealed to keep up with my Heresy IIIs. I read somewhere (was it PS Audio?) that to keep the timing speaker level input is better and again sealed.

Duty for my system is only music.

REL is not sold in UAE so went in for a KEF Kube 12b. Again sealed and with speaker level inputs. Have been very happy since 2019.

Had to use an attenuator to avoid the sub getting cut (auto cut off) at low volume.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back