Reliance Digital

Had a such a bad experience in Reliance Digital. Absolutely 0% product knowledge.

Your details would be needed here... What experience.. what product... why it happened all the details.. This will help fellow shoppers to be careful in their purchase... else it might just be construed as a case of inflaming a dealer due to a personal experience... So kindly provide with the details..

I have purchased a Pioneer Home Theatre (HTP 323) on June 14th-2014, The product is delivered on June-15-2014. After several calls, the product was installed on 18th-Jun-2014. On 19-Jun-2014 i have identified the product is faulty ( Most common Popping sound in Pioneer Sub S31W), Called the pioneer service center and Reliance customer care N number of times. Created a ticket (8003408298) on 20th of June and waited for the technician for couple of days then i went to the reliance digital showroom on 23-Jun-2014. One of the service manager told that he will take care and he will make sure that the product is returned back after the confirmation from one of their reliance service personnel. On 23-Jun-2014, One of the reliance service engineer came home and he told the product is faulty and he want the pioneer engineer to come and check the product and confirm the same. Called the Service Manager, The service manager said they need some of the information like serial Numbers and other stuff, i have provided the same after that he told that the pioneer technician will come and confirm the product is faulty, then only he can return or change the product..which seemed to be a bluff to me.

I called the Pioneer service center 100 times a day of no use. Nobody attends the call or either they are busy. After a couple of days back the Pioneer Engineer came and confirm the same that there is some issue with the subwoofer and he need to replace the board in the subwoofer. since the product is new not even a day used, i asked them to refund the money.

Since they dont have any other models. After all these crazy things and calling the 1800 Number couple of times a day, the reliance customer care ppl called me and they said we cannot refund money since its more than 7 days. So I ended up in buying something for 34500 without any other options.

I was so irritated, since they have our money it doesnt mean that i have to buy something which is not useful for me or the one which i dont like. After going to the store almost once in every 3 days, they agreed to get Yamaha YHT-299 and i have to pay the difference in the price. I agreed for that.

They promised that they will provide me HT on 4th of july. Then its postponed to 7th july, 8th July, then 11th july and finally 14th July. I called yesterday too.. no response..

Its completely waste of time buying something from the reliance digital and am totally frustrated to the core. With this kind of Service, why we need to buy an extended warranty for a product. When they cant provide service when its under warranty, whats the use of having an extended warranty ?. When the reliance service professional is not authorised to check the product is faulty or not ? what is the point of sending them home and how can we expect he will fix the product which is manufactured by some one.

The craziest thing is, when ever i call them, they will say they will get back to me in 10 minutes. You wont get any calls from them and if you try to reach them, they wont even care to answer. So ultimately i have to go there to the showroom.

Am so tired, clueless and tired of talking to those guys. The final thing which am going to do today is to pack the system and throw it in their Showroom.

I understand its a big story, but no options :(.. May be it will help our members to buy things from a good place.:rolleyes:

Oh my god.. Sorry to hear your experience. Not only that, the guys who come for installation have no clue on how to do it. I have bought YHT 299 from Reliance digital. He came for installation after a couple of days. I was not at home during the installation, my Mother was in home and she does not know anything about it. The guy has installed it like hell.
Front Right was given to Surround Left
Surround Right to Front left and so on..
Only sub woofer was connected properly. Thank fully I have noticed it initially and changed the connections..

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Oh my god.. Sorry to hear your experience. Not only that, the guys who come for installation have no clue on how to do it. I have bought YHT 299 from Reliance digital. He came for installation after a couple of days. I was not at home during the installation, my Mother was in home and she does not know anything about it. The guy has installed it like hell.
Only sub woofer was connected properly. Thank fully I have noticed it initially and changed the connections..

Thanks,
Sandeep.
Infact.. Am new to this AVR's setup and curious to see what they do... i was working from home that day to see the installation.. they didnt do anything different, they just plugged in the devices. I use a PS3 & Tatasky HD. They just connected the Tata SKY HD through HDMI and they told me that i have to replace the HDMI cable which wont support PS3, which was something new to me, since i have used the cable already with the PS3 > TV.

I didnt see any different setups they did, Infact i bought a optical cable for ARC and connected TV > AVR . After joining this forum, i came to know that there is a spl HDMI port marked as ARC( though i didnt try till now ).

Still the speaker setup shows +15 DB in all 6 channels. I was not in a mind set to dig it and do a proper setup because of the returns and stuff like that :(

See if you can get the money back. You deserve your hard earned money back.

Do not buy the Yamaha if you do not want to buy it from there.

I am not sure how to get the money back but I am sure other FMs can help here.

This is an absolute brazen attitude from them and they should lose this sale as they have a dissatisfied customer.

What I would recommend you here is to go to the showroom and create the ruckus or tell them you are going to the consumer court right away. They will get hassled and give you the other HT there only.

Once I was at croma, this salesman tried to push stuff on me when I was not interested in that brand. He then misbehaved and I called the manager, gave him a few words in front of everybody called a friend who is a lawyer and during the call the manage apologised and gave me some freebies to calm me down. Funny Part, I went back to the showroom and only one person attended me who didnt push anything and I got the product I wanted.

I understand your problem, and it is your right to get the best product so I would request you to proceed and find an easier solution!

I remember when I used to sell Onkyo systems, I used to take care to install systems be it a Rs 25,000 rupees system or a Rs 500,000 because the customer deserves that much for his hard earned money.

Second, Onkyo used to send service engineers unknown to me to check my installation. Fortunately I had got full marks there and they stopped checking my installs after 2 years.

But being in the field, I used to hear horror stories of improper installs of the same system being done, improper wiring, Coax/Optical connections not being used, wrong speaker positioning etc. and sometimes even improper speaker connections!!!

I can understand the pain one goes thru when the HT experience is sullied.

@ PGY - So sorry to hear about your ordeal !!! Let me try to see if I can go to my nearest Reliance Digital and get their escalation contacts for the Hyderabad Center. In the meanwhile why dont you try the following options -

1. I am assuming you paid by Credit Card. Kindly raise a dispute for the amount paid and say that the product delivered was faulty and despite numerous attempts of trying to get it services Reliance DIgital is not willing to replace or service it. I am sure the banks will be able to help.

2. Go the Reliance Digital FB pages and request the escalation points for the showroom where you purchased your HT set up from. Also, go to the store and tell them that if the money is not refunded immediately, then you will go socially ballistic on all social networks including FB and Twitter.
Their FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/reliancedigital.
https://www.facebook.com/reliancedigital?sk=app_316705315043746&app_data
Their Twitter Handle - https://twitter.com/RelianceDigital

3. Call these folks at their head office. Tell them the same story and request for a resolution, if they dont resolve it within the next 48 hours you will go social.
https://twitter.com/PioneerIndia
https://www.facebook.com/PioneerIndia

Pioneer India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
216, 2nd Floor, Time Tower, M.G. Road,
Sector 28, Gurgaon 122 001,
Haryana, India

Tel : +91 124 463 6100

and.. If the only option left is to go Social then ask all your friends on FB and Twitter to keep requesting the status update of your post and ask them to comment on your post.

Yes file for the charge back on your credit card if you have paid using a CC. I am sure banks take up these cases sympathetically and immediately raise the dispute with the payment gateway and in turn with the merchant.

I hope it gets resolved immediately to your liking and get your product or the refund back.

Thanks tintin & manniraj,

Later today evening I got a call from them stating that they got 2 sets of Yht 299 and they will deliver the product on Thursday. Fingers crossed :) let's see what happens tomorrow. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Thanks tintin & manniraj,

Later today evening I got a call from them stating that they got 2 sets of Yht 299 and they will deliver the product on Thursday. Fingers crossed :) let's see what happens tomorrow. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Well, good to hear that. YHT 299 is a good system and I hope you will have good experience this time. Can you tell us from Which branch of Reilance digital in Hyderabad did buy your HTIB originally?

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Well, good to hear that. YHT 299 is a good system and I hope you will have good experience this time. Can you tell us from Which branch of Reilance digital in Hyderabad did buy your HTIB originally?

Thanks,
Sandeep.
Sandeep,

Its from Banjara Hills. Yeah i read a lot of positive reviews about YHT-299. Will see whether it will be delivered today :)

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Dear friend,

I too purchased a Yamaha AVR from Reliance Digital, Banjara Hills,Hyderabad and yamaha Speakers, from Hypercity, Hyderabad during June, 2013. I was informed that a Technician from Reliance Digital would be coming to install and complete the set up and give demo.They in fact sent a Technician to set up the Home theatre. The saddest part of the entire episode is that the technician did not anything about Home theatre set up at that time. He watched on while I was connecting the speakers.

Reliance Degital in Hyderabad does not have any trained personnel to help the buyers of Home Theatres in proper setting up of the same and configuring the speakers and other components as per the specifications of the Room.

In spite of several mails and reminders over phone, I have not received a Tax Invoice for the AVR.

They are interested only in their profits.

My sincere advice to the members is to purchase HT or HT components from the professional Business houses in the field, they will advise you properly and install the HT and tune it as per the specifications of the Hall/Room. Of course such professionals will be charging some fee for their service.

Not only hyderabad, I had pretty bad experience with them at chennai too. The people over there doesn't understand difference between active Vs passive sub woofer. They do not have any knowledge on the audio formats and setup. The fact is that reliance is a retail company and the people they employ do no have any knowledge on the home theatres. They do have a demo room Installed in all of their locations but none of them know how to play them properly. It is always better to purchase a system from an authorised dealer.

Finally got the YHT 299 Delivered yesterday..
I started and completed the installation. But still exploring..so far so good.. Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I go with pmvalli and darkavenger, its best to buy it from a dedicated place where their main business in Home audio. They know everything much better than others..

Once i checked onkyo showroom in hyderabad, near Begumpet. The manager offered and he told me that he will send the home theatre to home for demo, so that you dont need to worry how it sounds in home after seeing the demo in the showroom.

Dear Friends,

Am not so good in audio techniques but I too have bad unprofessional experience from reliance when I went to buy DSLR camera the basic thing is they don't consider that customer having some knowledge about these kind of stuffs and pretending they were the masters.May be that guy who fitted the speakers wrongly is a new person but he too show up like he made the entire HT Receiver
That's a common nature of these sales and service people.
Nowadays nobody is just walking to a shop and buying..
We have wonderful and Authentic forums like hifivision for the guidance so you should never end up with the suggestion they made, I personally feels that refund and go for some other outlet for the purchase is the better choice.

Suraj T S

dear PGY, Really I feel the mental pain of yours. When we even feel restless for a online order's expected delivery date was over but not delivered,irrespective of its value, I could imagine the mental torture when we paid from our hard earned and took delivery but could not use the product for so many days with so many follow ups and getting ignored continuously.

My one more suggestion is to shoot mails to all of their TOP management regarding this . Address can be taken thru web.

With reagard to installation, it is always better to do it yourself after going thru the manual.And I'm sure, you would have enjoyed the installation process when you DIY. For fixing the rear speaker, u can use a local carpenter, if you need it to fix in a wall.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back