Reliance mymusic - costly?

Vijay_s

Extract from reliance my music website,

When we go music shopping, we often pick up albums that have just a couple of songs of our choice. This means we pay for music that we dont necessarily want.

My Music at Reliance World is designed for discerning music lovers. You can choose your kind of music from a repertoire of more than 150,000 songs in 27 languages.

* Pay only for the songs you select (Prices start at Rs 5 per song).
* Get original and legal copies of your chosen songs.
* Get your chosen songs on an Audio CD or get them copied on your pen-drive or micro SD card.

Buy songs in three simple steps:

1. Log on to mymusic.relianceworld.in/mymusic, register, select your favourite songs.and place your order online. Note down your Order ID.
2. Visit the Digital Services Desk at Reliance World and quote your Order ID
3. Make the payment and collect the Audio CD or get your chosen songs on your Pen Drive or the SD Card on your mobile

My Music from Reliance World is the smartest way to build a collection of your favourite music and a wonderful way to surprise your loved ones with chosen songs. Visit Reliance World today and start building your music collection with My Music.

Mixed thoughts when I saw your post:

a) Is this even legal?

b) Wow, at Rs.5 per song it is a steal. Come to think of it, we can get a legal copy of an entire album for a little over 50 bucks if we carry our own media.

Could you please post the entire link?

When we go music shopping, we often pick up albums that have just a couple of songs of our choice. This means we pay for music that we dont necessarily want.

My Music at Reliance World is designed for discerning music lovers. You can choose your kind of music from a repertoire of more than 150,000 songs in 27 languages.

* Get your chosen songs on an Audio CD or get them copied on your pen-drive or micro SD card.

1. Log on to mymusic.relianceworld.in/mymusic, register, select your favourite songs.and place your order online. Note down your Order ID.
3. Make the payment and collect the Audio CD or get your chosen songs on your Pen Drive or the SD Card on your mobile

My Music from Reliance World is the smartest way to build a collection of your favourite music and a wonderful way to surprise your loved ones with chosen songs. Visit Reliance World today and start building your music collection with My Music.

I think its cheap. HMV's HamaraCD charges Rs. 275 for a 60-minute CD.

Regds / Shailender

Burning a CD and downloading on a portable device are two different things. Will they be giving flac or mp3 on the pen drive? And if they are burning mp3's as an Audio CD, then Rs. 5 per song is expected, but personally I wouldn't go for it. Also Reliance is known to push prices down in any field it enters, so the same applies here too.

I browsed through the site, and it seems they have only mainstream music; I tried searching for Metallica, and the search drew a blank. Same was the case for Iron Maiden.

This service is analogous to earlier times when we used to get cassette tapes recorded with select songs from the neighborhood Cassette wala.

Overall, this service seems new, and we'll have to wait and watch how they update their collection over time.

Last edited:

Sorry, I seem to have missed the main point. Its not Rs. 5 per song. Prices
start at Rs. 5 per song. You may not, after all, get 20 songs for Rs. 100.

Regds / Shailender

5 is starting price

Most songs are 20Rs like country songs...
Additional material charges 15Rs.
May be shipping also there?

still then if it is a pressed CD ,would be good.

However there are talks that ,
pressed cds available in indian market are poor in quality.
Serious collectors get CDs imported.

As already indicated by another poster... This is from the help section:

How much my order will Cost?
The cost of your ordered songs will depend on the prices of the selected song(s). The price is indicated against each song. This ranges from Rs.5 to Rs.25 per song depending on the genre/length/popularity of the song.

Also, the songs are all 128kbps. No word if they are DRM protected.

As already indicated by another poster... This is from the help section:

How much my order will Cost?
The cost of your ordered songs will depend on the prices of the selected song(s). The price is indicated against each song. This ranges from Rs.5 to Rs.25 per song depending on the genre/length/popularity of the song.

Also, the songs are all 128kbps. No word if they are DRM protected.

Buying a 128 kbps song is a total "No No" from me. Do they expect all of us to listen to them only on our portable mp3 players which is the only device I am guessing where the songs might sound good? :rolleyes:

I can sense a huge difference when I play an original Audio CD on my Stereo setup and when I play an mp3 track @ 128 kbps.

They should be giving out at least 320 kbps or else, flac.

Burning a CD and downloading on a portable device are two different things. Will they be giving flac or mp3 on the pen drive? And if they are burning mp3's as an Audio CD, then Rs. 5 per song is expected, but personally I wouldn't go for it. Also Reliance is known to push prices down in any field it enters, so the same applies here too.

I browsed through the site, and it seems they have only mainstream music; I tried searching for Metallica, and the search drew a blank. Same was the case for Iron Maiden.

This service is analogous to earlier times when we used to get cassette tapes recorded with select songs from the neighborhood Cassette wala.

Overall, this service seems new, and we'll have to wait and watch how they update their collection over time.

At least in Chennai, this is not a new service. Giri Musicals has a kiosk called ADD (Anytime Digital Download - I am not sure though). They charge around Rs. 12 per song and concentrate mostly on Carnatic music. Quite a few popular film songs are also available. Never tried it.

Regds / Shailu

One CD shop in my home town is doing the same thing. 2/- for each mp3 and 75/- for audio cd (can choose from any of the audio cds displayed in his shop). It may be illegal, but i have seen people giving huge lists in pages to copy mp3 songs in DVD. He is ready to give a digital copy also (iso eventhough he is not sure how to do that)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back