Repairing Mirage Uni-Theater - Where to buy drivers??

shaklebolt

Hi guys,

I've opened this new thread up to discuss and get inputs on how to repair my Mirage Uni-Theater and where to buy the drivers from. Please help me !

Questions:

How to check what all is broken. I've just manually pushed the cones, all but one are moving freely. another one is also scratching something a bit.

Here are what the speakers are doing:

Left Channel: Producing sounds with some noise. This noise is apparently from the driver (Below the mounted additional small speaker) that's just scratching when I'm pushing it in manually.

Right Channel: Only the small mounted speaker is working. All three main speakers are not working. The one below the mounted one is stuck but the other two are moving freely.

Center Channel: Survived! Producing quality sound as it should. Everything working here.

I don't know what else to check, how to repair et al! Please help!

To see what I'm talking about, Please see here: Uni-Theater 3-in-1 Flat Panel Speaker - Overview

Zoom in on the photo and you;ll see the small mini speakers hanging about the extreme left, right and center drivers.

Update:

A two-way design, the speakers extruded aluminum enclosure is divided into three independent chambers. Each chamber houses an active 3-inch woofer, two passive 3-inch polypropylene titanium deposit hybrid radiators and a 0.75-inch pure titanium hybrid tweeter. Each tweeter is mounted in our patented Omniguide module, allowing the speaker to work with your room, rather than against it. This module recreates the proper proportion of direct and reflected sound, so you can hear the most lifelike performances throughout your entire room. The two Omniguide modules that coincide with the left and right channels are slightly angled in order to reflect the sound to the side walls, resulting in a large and spacious soundstage.

As I see it, my both L and R woofers are damaged and everything else, the 3 tweeters and the 6 passive radiators are ok. How can I repair them or get them repaired from? Is it even possible to get them repaired?

Also the Right channel is not working at all. Does that means that because of the burst active woofer, the passive channels are also dead and 99% chance that they are not blown? (They are moving in and out easily through the manual test)...

I'm thinking if they are beyond repair, I could get two drivers of same size and replace both L and R ones, that way, it will be a running system again and also the L - R balance won't get disturbed!

Waiting for your useful suggestions!!!!

Last edited:
You can recone the spk by expert & even search in Delhi who can provide imported matching Drivers.Many Indian companies too order cone from out & assemble spk here.

You can recone the spk by expert & even search in Delhi who can provide imported matching Drivers.Many Indian companies too order cone from out & assemble spk here.

Thanks man but I don't seem to know who can help me in this (Which shop / person). I just opened them up and see that they just need recoiling, so maybe if someone could suggest a place to get that done in Delhi!

Thanks man but I don't seem to know who can help me in this (Which shop / person). I just opened them up and see that they just need recoiling, so maybe if someone could suggest a place to get that done in Delhi!

I dont know in Delhi,but Mumbai at Lamington Rd.
You can visit any famous electronic market where you get local product .They can help you OR Goole for reconing(coiling same).

Audio system Repair Services, Repair Maintenance,Maintanence And Repair,Maintenance And Repair Service,Maintenance Repair And Operations,Maintenance And Repair Manual,Automotive Maintenance And Repair

Deals In Speakers & Amplifier, delhi, India

hey dude
i do all types of repair for all pro equipments
if u need to get ur drivers recon, just cantact me

Abhish - 9873410004

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back