Replacement for Onkyo HT-R695 (5.1.2) A/V Receiver.

VN!

Hello Everyone,
I am a relative newbie in the world of HT,was always daunted by the huge vareity of equipments at various pricelines.
Also never found any reputed/reliable dealer in Chennai.
About 2.5 years back I bought a Onkyo HT out of the box model no HT-S-7800 (5.1.2) with Dolby Atmos.
(since there was nobody to guide on mix & match the various component).

The receiver started giving problems right from the first year onwards (not switching on).
Fortunately the first time around it was within the warranty period and got it repaired without much problem.

Then it started going off every year,always around Dec.
As all of you must be aware,Onkyo's service is nothing much to shout about,hence I do not want to have it repaired.
So I'm in the market for the replacement of Onkyo HT-R695 (5.1.2) A/V Receiver.

Would appreciate any suggestion on the ideal model/make and place to buy from in Chennai.
The onkyo speakers are working well.Ideally looking for something within Rs.50K bracket.
Thanks
Vinod

Attachments

• HT-S7800.jpg
    HT-S7800.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 14
  • HT-R695.jpg
    HT-R695.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi, if you using Atmos setup, 7 Channel is minimum. You can look at Yamaha and Denon for alternatives at reasonable price.

Check with Digital world in Chennai, he has Yamaha and Marantz. They are also authorized service center.

Hello Everyone,
I am a relative newbie in the world of HT,was always daunted by the huge vareity of equipments at various pricelines.
Also never found any reputed/reliable dealer in Chennai.
About 2.5 years back I bought a Onkyo HT out of the box model no HT-S-7800 (5.1.2) with Dolby Atmos.
(since there was nobody to guide on mix & match the various component).

The receiver started giving problems right from the first year onwards (not switching on).
Fortunately the first time around it was within the warranty period and got it repaired without much problem.

Then it started going off every year,always around Dec.
As all of you must be aware,Onkyo's service is nothing much to shout about,hence I do not want to have it repaired.
So I'm in the market for the replacement of Onkyo HT-R695 (5.1.2) A/V Receiver.

Would appreciate any suggestion on the ideal model/make and place to buy from in Chennai.
The onkyo speakers are working well.Ideally looking for something within Rs.50K bracket.
Thanks
Vinod
Max Electronics at Alandur Chennai
Contact Mr. Panneer Selvam - 98840 22339

I have visited the place few times for demo and had good experience. He was not pushing any one particular idea or to close the sale. He was ready to give sufficient demo. I visited for speakers. I think they deal with Denon, Marantz and also Yamaha.

Due to current covid situation, call and confirm before visiting the place.

Best of luck

I have visited the place few times for demo and had good experience. He was not pushing any one particular idea or to close the sale. He was ready to give sufficient demo. I visited for speakers. I think they deal with Denon, Marantz and also Yamaha.

Best of luck
Thanks for the contact details.
-Vinod

Best of luck
Max is good in sales and customer service, but for service support in future buying in Digital world good option.

Max is good in sales and customer service, but for service support in future buying in Digital world good option.
Thanks for the info. Would definitely go for Digital world (throughly put off by Onkyo service support).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back