Replacement for Onkyo HT-S3400 center speaker

funguykk

Hi Guys,

Based on my budget, availability and local offers, I bought an Onkyo HT-S3400 and for what I have in my apartments that I share with my friends, we're more than happy with this System. The only thing I wish I could change in the system is the center speaker with something more 'bassy' or 'rich'. Any suggestions based on the specs below?

A/V Receiver
-------------
Power Output: 120 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz50 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP Bypass)

SKC-390C Full-Range Acoustic Suspension Center Speaker
--------------------------------------------------------
8 cm Cone x 2
Center 80 Hz20 kHz - - - - - - - - - - - - > Wish it could go lower
Max. Input Power: 120 W
Gloss Finished
Magnetically Shielded

Hi Guys,

Based on my budget, availability and local offers, I bought an Onkyo HT-S3400 and for what I have in my apartments that I share with my friends, we're more than happy with this System. The only thing I wish I could change in the system is the center speaker with something more 'bassy' or 'rich'. Any suggestions based on the specs below?

A/V Receiver
-------------
Power Output: 120 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz50 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP Bypass)

SKC-390C Full-Range Acoustic Suspension Center Speaker
--------------------------------------------------------
8 cm Cone x 2
Center 80 Hz20 kHz - - - - - - - - - - - - > Wish it could go lower
Max. Input Power: 120 W
Gloss Finished
Magnetically Shielded

Center speakers can go low like what you said, but the center channel information in any 5.1/7.1 movies will not go down to the level you expect, because they carry only dialogues....

If you are expecting the center to produce bass like your left & right speakers, it will not produce for the above said info...

Center speakers can go low like what you said, but the center channel information in any 5.1/7.1 movies will not go down to the level you expect, because they carry only dialogues....

If you are expecting the center to produce bass like your left & right speakers, it will not produce for the above said info...

If the speaker can go upto 40-50Hz, I think it would make the male voices sound better during the 'speech' part of the movies. I'm not sure the crossover settings in the Onkyo Setup is sending the bass to the woofer that well...

Any suggestions on how to pick a replacement speaker based on wattage/impedance etc?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back