Replacement suggestion and views

Rud31

Hi
As much as I like listening to music on speakers, for foreseeable future I'll be shifting to portable gear. Below is my past gear history and current/future source setup.

Past gear- I have prefer isolation provided by IEMs so have used them mostly. This includes, Creative EP630, Soundmagic PL-10 and PL-20, Brainwavz M2, Monster iSport, Bose Soundsport and a pair of Klipsch whose model I'm not able to recollect right now.

Current gear- AKG K-240 Studio, Audio Technica ATH-IM70, B&O Play ( came with LG V20), Audio Technica ATH-CKX5 RD Sonic Fuel, Focal Sense 100SI. Source for them is DAP (Shanling M0) or Phone/Laptop through Fiio K3 DAC-Amp

Selection- As I'm looking to get 3 items, 1 headphone and 2 IEMs here's what I have selected so far;
ATH-M50x closed back- mainly because I've not heard them but heard nothing but great things about them. Will be using them when working on laptop i.e. stationary position.
Klipsch T5M dunno how they will turn out but my past experience with Klipsch has been good in terms of SQ but poor in terms of reliability as my previous Klipsch pair didn't even last 3 months and after sale support was piss poor from Klipsch. Moreover this time I won't be in country when using them so need a reliable pair.
Sony MDR-XB510AS I have shortlisted this for my workout duties as it has earhooks for supposed stable fit and bass sound signature which is needed.

Budget for all 3 is 20K, reliability is of prime importance for all, SQ being a close 2nd. Please let me know your views and suggestions.

Do you have to buy multiple? I would suggest add a 2K more to your budget and buy the Meze 99 classics.

definitely a step up fromM50x.

Do you have to buy multiple? I would suggest add a 2K more to your budget and buy the Meze 99 classics.

definitely a step up fromM50x.
Yes, because I need a replacement pair for my workout sessions, one "non-invasive" pair for commute/daily use and a pair of headphones for stationary use, used seldom, when need a bigger soundstage or in mood for critical listening.

Ohk. ATH is solid and reliable. It’s made for studio environment. Klipsch model has good reviews.
I have no idea about the sony model.

Another important reason for my IEM preference is that I have prescription glasses so till date every pair of headphones has become unbearable after a certain time period.

Yes, A lot of over ear headphones don’t work well with glasses and can be a challenge for long term listening.

If I remember well, M50x should be fine.

It was long back when I had those and I remember them being comfortable with my glasses.

Consider AKG K371 for a headphone. I too had a Klipsch s4i long back. It sounded very good back then, but durability was very bad. But later they improved the cable of the same.

but over this period, chifi stuff was killing mainstream for some time. The good thing is many of them have detachable cable.

There is a group called Pre Loved Gear for Sale on FB , you can get a good deal for a used Meze 99 classics for around 10-12k.

I had both the m50 and the meze 99 classics , I personally found m50 to be good but very dry and a very uncomfortable fit. The meze99 classics are at a different level altogether compared to the m50.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back