req. suggestions for re-purpose / salvage damaged LCD TV

sarathssca

Hello,

My 32 inch LCD TV's screen/panel got damaged and its not showing up picture well. Service guy told its not reparable and only option is to replace the LCD panel, with its cost and panel availability in question, its better to go for new TV.

Is there anything interesting we may make out of this TV, re-purpose or salvage any parts in it to make something useful.
We may get couple of speakers, but again it will be difficult to plan for a box for them without its specifications (ts parameters).

While looking in youtube/internet only thing i found so far is to re-purpose it as a big bright lamp, which is not much interesting or worth with the size of lamp we will be getting.
Is there any thing else we can do with it.

Perhaps not what you are looking for - however - if you are interested in plants make a live wall - with succulents/ferns. Looks beautiful in frames. I haven't created one in a TV ever, but I have used old picture frames etc in the past. A simple google search will give you some reference. You can also put a LED strip behind it for backlighting as far as as it is isolated from the rest of the frame.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back