req. suitable cabinet for Alpair 7p

sarathssca

Hello,

I have ordered a pair of mark audio Alpair 7p speakers. But not able to get much info on its cabinet plans.

Could you please suggest a suitable cabinet for Alpair 7p to get best out of it, for stand alone use (ie. without any other speaker/sub-woofer support)? Will be using it with TV (music,movies) or a music player.

thanks and regards
S Sarath

Last edited:
not really a very good choice for tv. these are very high quality music speakers that work best at cd quality minimum. they dont do a very good job with compressed stuff like mp3s etc.

if u wish to use it for movies and tv etc, consider adding a woofer to your speakers and use the alpairs for midrange and above. they goto 35khz, so u dont need a tweeter. Or add a sub.

not really a very good choice for tv. these are very high quality music speakers that work best at cd quality minimum. they dont do a very good job with compressed stuff like mp3s etc.

if u wish to use it for movies and tv etc, consider adding a woofer to your speakers and use the alpairs for midrange and above. they goto 35khz, so u dont need a tweeter. Or add a sub.

What you said is correct. These drivers really need high quality audio source or else the end result will be disappointing for the money you have spend for.

These drivers cannot perform good on audio sources like TV, MP3 etc... You just feel sound very ordinary, but when it comes to Hi quality audio content, any layman can easily identify the noticeable change in SQ.

Do we need additional woofers for these speaker even if we use them in floor standing horn or pensil cabinets?
Will the cabinets be boosting the bass to good levels , which are inherently weak for these speakers (or any 4inch sized speakers) ?

What you said is correct. These drivers really need high quality audio source or else the end result will be disappointing for the money you have spend for.

These drivers cannot perform good on audio sources like TV, MP3 etc... You just feel sound very ordinary, but when it comes to Hi quality audio content, any layman can easily identify the noticeable change in SQ.

how will be the sound from HD quality movies playing on TV or laptop or FLAC format songs? What other options we may look for better sources for these speakers?

how will be the sound from HD quality movies playing on TV or laptop or FLAC format songs? What other options we may look for better sources for these speakers?

I don't believe in HD, Wav, FLAC just for the sake that its used for storing good quality content. What matters is the actual quality in the recording and the same getting stored in any of the above mentioned format.

Generally those drivers add a little colouration to the signal what it is feed for.

So you can think in that perspective.

See majority of the people will not listen to Audiophile content all the time.

Its a mix of good audio+medium audio+poor audio in practical scenario.

If TV channel broadcast poor signal we cant switch speakers just for that reason right...

So there are times we need to compromise but that is ok...

For movies, assistance of sub-woofer will be good option since these drivers cannot be pushed too much due to its power limitation though those drivers can register lower notes on properly designed cabinet.

What I suggest you is first build the cabinet for MA driver and finish it and listen to the movies and if you feel bass is not that impressive or not getting enough punch you have desired for, then add on a sub-woofer. In this approach you always have the option to upgrade to the sub-woofer later on or be comfortable with the present setup.

Last edited:
from what i remember, it likes a 6-7 litre sealed cabinet, or around 9-10 litre ported cabinet. Some designs i have seen use very large cabinets, not sure its a good idea, the plots would look not so good. plot in winisd first before making the cabinet.

For the cabinet build what would be a suitable material ?
MDF or plywood , which would be better?
any specific brands do we need look for ( i have no idea of types of woods and how to access their quality if its suitable)??

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back