Request Advice - Speakers below Rs 1 lakh

Currently considering :
- Q Acoustics 3050i (currently top of my list)
- Q Acoustics Concept 40
- Fyne Audio F303
- Wharfedale EVO 4.2 with stands
- Polk Audio RTi A7 ???

Add polk Signature S60 speakers in the list too. I was mighty impressed with them when I auditioned. Just that they were above my acceptable budget (pair was around 72k or something). So I bought its lower sibling S55. I feel they are great to do a job individually in stereo setup as well.

Quads s and z series are not known for bass. If you look for bass they will be below expectations, but whatever bass is there it will be musical and sweet bulb kind of sound, not thunderous bass. The speaker was never made for bass reproduction. It was made for highs and mids especially high frequency dispersion where its excellent. Speaker is excellent for jazz, vocals especially if someone loves bollywood he will like this speaker, not so much for rock stuff.

I understand the Quad better now especially the S5 now. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Many thanks for the responses guys.

Am checking out some of these options.

Does anyone know where I could audition Dali speakers in Chennai ?

Hi argho...did you make a decision? I also have the same amp and was hoping to upgrade the speakers in the coming months and my requirements about sound and placement are pretty similar to yours. So would be interesting to see what you picked....Thanks

Hi argho...did you make a decision? I also have the same amp and was hoping to upgrade the speakers in the coming months and my requirements about sound and placement are pretty similar to yours. So would be interesting to see what you picked....Thanks

Not yet. Been a bit busy. Intend to try and do some auditions this weekend.

The more I read, the more I come around to thinking that the best suited to my needs is either the Q Acoustics 3050i or the Dali Oberon 5. Both in the 70K range. Anything more premium than that will require upgrades in the rest of my chain to be properly used to potential. Am not looking to do that.

What is the general consensus on amount spent on speakers vs amp. I know earlier some would say 40-30-20-10 in this order... speakers-amp-source-cables(& accessories) and some would even say 50-50 on speakers and amp.

In case of the Denon the amplifier is itself the source with so many streaming options. So would a speaker setup in the 1.0-1.3L be justified or will the Denon fall short to help the speakers reach their full potential? This is what I am still trying to figure out.

What is the general consensus on amount spent on speakers vs amp. I know earlier some would say 40-30-20-10 in this order... speakers-amp-source-cables(& accessories) and some would even say 50-50 on speakers and amp.

In case of the Denon the amplifier is itself the source with so many streaming options. So would a speaker setup in the 1.0-1.3L be justified or will the Denon fall short to help the speakers reach their full potential? This is what I am still trying to figure out.

I had the same dilemma and as Raghu mentioned there is really no set ratio.
One way to upgrade would be to stick to the same brand if you like their sound signature.
I went the same way. I decided to move to Whar 11 series FS which is an upgrade over the 225 BS.
However as the coating was around 1.2L so I broke it up and got the center first.
There was a clear upgrade in SQ when used with the 225 BS.
You can certainly add a power Amp later if your speaker needs that power to fully shine.
I had to change from a 50w 2 ch driven for 8ohms receiver to a 110w 2ch driven for 8ohms to match the Wharf 11 LCR.
In my opinion 1.3L speaker will do fine but depends how hungry they are.

Not yet. Been a bit busy. Intend to try and do some auditions this weekend.

The more I read, the more I come around to thinking that the best suited to my needs is either the Q Acoustics 3050i or the Dali Oberon 5. Both in the 70K range. Anything more premium than that will require upgrades in the rest of my chain to be properly used to potential. Am not looking to do that.
Are you able to audition Q Acoustics 3050i ?
Please share your impression.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back