Request for "cheapest" HDMI/DVI TV / monitor recommendation

john_k_antony

Hi,
Friends,

I am going to get an Oppo 105 BDP for my HT room. I am going to connect Oppo 105 to my projector in my HT room. I will also be using Oppo 105 to play my digital music media files (FLAC/WAV/MP3) from my HDD connected to Oppo. Now I need a simple, small, cheap monitor/TV that has HDMI/DVI to use with Oppo 105 to select media files for play back. I don't want to turn on my projector for selecting the media files.

Any recommendation would be highly appreciated.

I am even open to used equipment as well, in good condition.

Budget : As cheap as possible :D. I don't want to spend anything more than 5-6k for this monitor/TV.

Thanks,
John.

Hi,
You can get one from US ebay for $18 or so. Its 4" led display for car. Total cost including shipping is Rs.1200 +/-
The one that my friend bought came without power supply. So, you may have to spent another 100 for that.
I am on mobile. Will try to post the link from ebay once I get online from pc, in card you don't get it by then.

I am open for all suggestions :). Since I don't need the sound from HDMI in the monitor, i am fine with HDMI-VGA conversion and using a cheap VGA monitor.

But I am little skeptical about he performance of the HDMI-VGA converter as I heard many ppl complain about it not working as expected. It all depends on the "DAC" in the converter that converts digital HDMI to analog VGA.

-John.

...yes you heard right.the only converter cables does not work...just having one hdmi port at one side and vga port at another.....i dont know why they are being sold and people buy..

but this box walas work....this is proper converter..

not a very big deal......... if this avibalbe in e bay must be avilable in your local main electrnoic market...maybe 200 Rs more or less than e bay..
so try it...check it..if it works..buy it..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back