Requesting Reviews on Pioneer RS49, 5.1 HT System

rajathkn

Hello

I have spent a lot of time trying to decide which HT I can buy under 50K, after many audition (Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer) I LOVED Pioneer RS33. Both Songs and Movie experience was great and I have to mention how crisp and great Bass sounded.

Now that I zeroed in on RS33, I realized it is outdated, pioneer has released RS49. The main difference is in the receiver which has 4K pass thru.

RS33 is still available in many Reliance Digital stores but I am looking for your advice.

1) Do we have any Pioneer RS49 Owners or those who have auditioned it in this forum who could share their experience to help me make my decision.

2) Should I go ahead with RS33 itself? As the speakers are the same in both the models.

3) My room space is 15 X 20 and the viewing distance is 12 feet, will this system be too much for the room space?

Hello

I have spent a lot of time trying to decide which HT I can buy under 50K, after many audition (Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer) I LOVED Pioneer RS33. Both Songs and Movie experience was great and I have to mention how crisp and great Bass sounded.

Now that I zeroed in on RS33, I realized it is outdated, pioneer has released RS49. The main difference is in the receiver which has 4K pass thru.

RS33 is still available in many Reliance Digital stores but I am looking for your advice.

1) Do we have any Pioneer RS49 Owners or those who have auditioned it in this forum who could share their experience to help me make my decision.

2) Should I go ahead with RS33 itself? As the speakers are the same in both the models.

3) My room space is 15 X 20 and the viewing distance is 12 feet, will this system be too much for the room space?

Why you want to go for this Pioneer HTiB...??? I decided to buy my HT in Sep last year & my first choice was Pioneer Todoroki speakers but after taking the demo of these & other brands.. i found the quality sound is missing in Todoroki & also the speaker build quality is not that good. No doubt the Sub is powerful but that's not sufficient.

also, these set has the older version of AVR -->RS33 has VSX 323 & RS49 has VSX 523. Both these AVR has the newer model in 2015, VSX 329k & VSX 524k.

My room size is sightly bigger then yours hence i too went for tower speakers. Increase your budget by 5-8k & you can get far better set then this. Refer my thread, you may/may not want to go with the same set but that will give you an idea about exploring more options in the same range.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/61560-finally-bought-my-new-customize-ht.html

Let us know if you finalize anything.

Last edited:
Dear all friends I need immediate help from experienced members, my rs 33 stop working suddenly, it was working first 2 songs done then middle of third song it is not working properly, just one red color blinnking HDMI, after that I remove all the hdmi cables then power on but again the same hdmi indication coming and not responding to remote, how can I rectify this? Service Center is the only one option? I am from navimumbai were I can service my system nearby? Please advise me early as possible

Hi

If it is under warranty , you need to take it to the service center.....if not then hunt for details on how to reset the system to factory defaults....if found.....read the content carefully clearly understanding the pro and cons and then decide to do it or not...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back