Require 2.1 setup with amp for 40-45k MAX

As the post suggests, I'm looking for a 2.1 system (subwoofer must) with an integrated amp for music listening primarily. I'm open to local brands too. What would you guys suggest? The entire package shouldn't cross 45k (50K is the absolute far end of the budget).

Your budget might not be sufficient for an integrated amp + bookshelf + subwoofer. Any decent subwoofer will cost at least 20k and decent integrated amps start from 25k. So your budget gets eaten up there itself. You can look for active speakers or used products to fit them in your budget.

Otherwise there's an FX audio amplifier on Hifimart.com for around 9k. You can combine that with a good pair of bookshelf speakers with a 5.5" or 6.5" low frequency driver. This will usually give you good bass. It might not be the same as a good subwoofer, but will be better than a cheap subwoofer (say something around 10-15k).

Among decent budget friendly integrated amps, you have Marantz PM5005 which is supposed to retail around 25k, but seems to be out of stock everywhere. You can check locally.

For speakers, you can look at Dali Spektor 1, Taga Harmony Platinum One, Elac Debut 5.2, Mission LX-2 MKII, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, etc.

Try to find sellers locally and audition the speakers. Don't buy without listening. You'll not know what you like unless you've listened to something (assuming this is your first purchase of this nature).

Better to look for used ones at the classifieds section . You can get Wharfedale Diamond 220 (new for 20k or used for around 13-15k), or Boston Acoustics BA26 or Wharfedale D320 (new -21k at hifimart). Used AV receiver/integrated amp at 15-20k and Sub for 15k.
Here is the beakup
Bookshelf speaker New - 20K
Used AVR/Amp - 18k
Used SW- 12k
Total 50K
-------
For reference I got a used Yamaha 2910 at 20K with Subwoofer and Wharfedale 220 for 20k = 40 k and nice system.
Earlier I was using Norge Audio 26 which I bought used for 6k .

It will be difficult to get a decent amp, sub and a pair of speakers within this budget these days as price has increased a bit. You can buy pre owned stuff which has already been suggested by some FMs or you can think about the active speakers within your budget. Those are clutter free and those come with a plethora of connectivity options.
Regards

It will be difficult to get a decent amp, sub and a pair of speakers within this budget these days as price has increased a bit. You can buy pre owned stuff which has already been suggested by some FMs or you can think about the active speakers within your budget. Those are clutter free and those come with a plethora of connectivity options.
Regards

+1, completely agree with above comments. Below listed active speaker looks very promising with all the connectivity features & gives option to connect subwoofer too, which you could take a call at later stage. Myself, I'm in two minds thinking should i pickup QAcoustics M20HD ;)
Not sure if there is any place in Bangalore where i can demo it. As always mentioned by FM's you should always demo the unit before any purchase - Something sounds interesting to my ears might not be the same to you/others.

Any comments or feedback from FM's on QAcoustics M20HD please do share.

As the post suggests, I'm looking for a 2.1 system (subwoofer must) with an integrated amp for music listening primarily. I'm open to local brands too. What would you guys suggest? The entire package shouldn't cross 45k (50K is the absolute far end of the budget).
Check out Bose AM5 + Marantz PM6006. This should fit in,in your 50k budget. The marantz is from the classified section. This model I believe comes with a dac too.

MaSh

Your budget might not be sufficient for an integrated amp + bookshelf + subwoofer. Any decent subwoofer will cost at least 20k and decent integrated amps start from 25k. So your budget gets eaten up there itself. You can look for active speakers or used products to fit them in your budget.

Otherwise there's an FX audio amplifier on Hifimart.com for around 9k. You can combine that with a good pair of bookshelf speakers with a 5.5" or 6.5" low frequency driver. This will usually give you good bass. It might not be the same as a good subwoofer, but will be better than a cheap subwoofer (say something around 10-15k).

Among decent budget friendly integrated amps, you have Marantz PM5005 which is supposed to retail around 25k, but seems to be out of stock everywhere. You can check locally.

For speakers, you can look at Dali Spektor 1, Taga Harmony Platinum One, Elac Debut 5.2, Mission LX-2 MKII, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, etc.

Try to find sellers locally and audition the speakers. Don't buy without listening. You'll not know what you like unless you've listened to something (assuming this is your first purchase of this nature).
What about a powered 2.1 system? I know that's basically blasphemy in the audiophile world but any decent suggestions within the said budget?

Within that budget active speaker + sub would be better value for money as you want subwoofer.

Option 1
Edifier R2000DB or Edifier ED-R1700BTs
+
Yamaha NS SW100 or Edifier T5 subwoofer

Option 2
Mackie CR Series Studio Monitor
+
Mackie CR8S-XBT Subwoofer

Option 3
Edifier S350DB Bookshelf Speaker and Subwoofer 2.1 Speaker

Purely from paper knowledge, a pair of Edifiers or Berhingers?

What about a powered 2.1 system? I know that's basically blasphemy in the audiophile world but any decent suggestions within the said budget?
Well, it isn't really though.

From long term upgradability perspective, passives are better. Used products are easier to sell and you can upgrade different parts. But if you don't have the budget, then you have to go with actives and there are quite a few good ones.

@alclik has already suggested a few options and I agree with those.

Apart from those, I'd also like to add JBL Nano K6, Presonus Eris E5 XT, and M-Audio BX8 D3.

All these are available on Amazon. Look up the reviews and see if you can find any stores with demo pieces for these. These can be combined with Yamaha NS SW100 subwoofer as suggested by alclik. However, do make sure to look at the connectivity options beforehand and make sure you can connect them directly without needing any other devices. You don't want to get stuck in a situation where you get the components but can't connect them to each other directly.

Within that budget active speaker + sub would be better value for money as you want subwoofer.

Option 1
Edifier R2000DB or Edifier ED-R1700BTs
+
Yamaha NS SW100 or Edifier T5 subwoofer

Option 2
Mackie CR Series Studio Monitor
+
Mackie CR8S-XBT Subwoofer

Option 3
Edifier S350DB Bookshelf Speaker and Subwoofer 2.1 Speaker
Thank you! Would you recommend Edifier or Mackie of the two? I have used the 1700BT and have not been disappointed. But the person who wants this setup clearly wants exciting sound rather than being too tied to neutral.

Mackie's or Presonus Eris are pure studio monitors, don't expect any exciting sounds. They will be more like flat sounding, being said I have'nt heard them but a friend of mine owns the Mackie cr4 and he is not very happy with it. He likes the edifier more than Mackie.

Please try for audition if you get a chance.

Thank you! Would you recommend Edifier or Mackie of the two? I have used the 1700BT and have not been disappointed. But the person who wants this setup clearly wants exciting sound rather than being too tied to neutral.
I would suggest go with Edifier R2000DB if possible is its better built.
1700BT is also very good VFM.

I have heard only good things about Edifier, but have seen few negative reviews about Mackie on different places but mostly it's good.
I would personally go with Edifier.

I would suggest go with Edifier R2000DB if possible is its better built.
1700BT is also very good VFM.

I have heard only good things about Edifier, but have seen few negative reviews about Mackie on different places but mostly it's good.
I would personally go with Edifier.
Hey, thanks for responding! It seems the 2000DB does not have a sub-out and that bit is non-negotiable. I think I'll go with Edifier 1855DB plus some cheap sub (maybe the Edifier T5 or if there's any other suggestion?)

Hey, thanks for responding! It seems the 2000DB does not have a sub-out and that bit is non-negotiable. I think I'll go with Edifier 1855DB plus some cheap sub (maybe the Edifier T5 or if there's any other suggestion?)
I heard Edifier 2000DB at my friend's place sometime back and really liked it - esp. for the price. I was under the impression that it has sub out given its higher price ... my bad!

Edifier T5 is perhaps the cheapest sub right now. Earlier there were some other cheaper subs from Yamaha but they are not available right now. You can check with the local dealers. Sometime they have some older models in practically new condition and you can get very good deal.

TBH I haven't used T5 myself but given Edifier's track record it should not be really bad. But pls do your due diligence before buying.

Back