Require 2.1 setup with amp for 40-45k MAX

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 & 12.2 Speakers
As the post suggests, I'm looking for a 2.1 system (subwoofer must) with an integrated amp for music listening primarily. I'm open to local brands too. What would you guys suggest? The entire package shouldn't cross 45k (50K is the absolute far end of the budget).

gourav

Your budget might not be sufficient for an integrated amp + bookshelf + subwoofer. Any decent subwoofer will cost at least 20k and decent integrated amps start from 25k. So your budget gets eaten up there itself. You can look for active speakers or used products to fit them in your budget.

Otherwise there's an FX audio amplifier on Hifimart.com for around 9k. You can combine that with a good pair of bookshelf speakers with a 5.5" or 6.5" low frequency driver. This will usually give you good bass. It might not be the same as a good subwoofer, but will be better than a cheap subwoofer (say something around 10-15k).

Among decent budget friendly integrated amps, you have Marantz PM5005 which is supposed to retail around 25k, but seems to be out of stock everywhere. You can check locally.

For speakers, you can look at Dali Spektor 1, Taga Harmony Platinum One, Elac Debut 5.2, Mission LX-2 MKII, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, etc.

Try to find sellers locally and audition the speakers. Don't buy without listening. You'll not know what you like unless you've listened to something (assuming this is your first purchase of this nature).

Upvote 0

20kHz

Better to look for used ones at the classifieds section . You can get Wharfedale Diamond 220 (new for 20k or used for around 13-15k), or Boston Acoustics BA26 or Wharfedale D320 (new -21k at hifimart). Used AV receiver/integrated amp at 15-20k and Sub for 15k.
Here is the beakup
Bookshelf speaker New - 20K
Used AVR/Amp - 18k
Used SW- 12k
Total 50K
-------
For reference I got a used Yamaha 2910 at 20K with Subwoofer and Wharfedale 220 for 20k = 40 k and nice system.
Earlier I was using Norge Audio 26 which I bought used for 6k .

Upvote 0

Bhaskar Jyoti Talapatra

It will be difficult to get a decent amp, sub and a pair of speakers within this budget these days as price has increased a bit. You can buy pre owned stuff which has already been suggested by some FMs or you can think about the active speakers within your budget. Those are clutter free and those come with a plethora of connectivity options.
Regards

Upvote 0

apbinu

It will be difficult to get a decent amp, sub and a pair of speakers within this budget these days as price has increased a bit. You can buy pre owned stuff which has already been suggested by some FMs or you can think about the active speakers within your budget. Those are clutter free and those come with a plethora of connectivity options.
Regards

+1, completely agree with above comments. Below listed active speaker looks very promising with all the connectivity features & gives option to connect subwoofer too, which you could take a call at later stage. Myself, I'm in two minds thinking should i pickup QAcoustics M20HD ;)
Not sure if there is any place in Bangalore where i can demo it. As always mentioned by FM's you should always demo the unit before any purchase - Something sounds interesting to my ears might not be the same to you/others.

Any comments or feedback from FM's on QAcoustics M20HD please do share.

Upvote 0

MaSh

As the post suggests, I'm looking for a 2.1 system (subwoofer must) with an integrated amp for music listening primarily. I'm open to local brands too. What would you guys suggest? The entire package shouldn't cross 45k (50K is the absolute far end of the budget).
Check out Bose AM5 + Marantz PM6006. This should fit in,in your 50k budget. The marantz is from the classified section. This model I believe comes with a dac too.

MaSh

Upvote 0
You can now pre-book the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.