Rethm Maarga & Saadhna: Radical Updates coming soon!

malvai

Banned
Banned
Folks, last week I got an email from Mr. Jacob George about his new updates to his best sellers - Rethm Maarga and Saadhna...

See for yourself!

I am also adding the unedited explanation from him to me.... This indeed looks very very promising! Looks like I need to plan a trip soon...
Email from Jacob:

Manav,

Yes.....it is our first major redesign in 10 years. And so we took the opportunity to rethink everything. Except for the fact of course that the fundamental configuration remains the same....ie, wideband horn loaded with powered bass module.

It is a complete redesign. Started with the internals. So the labirynth has been changed -- it is shortened, and the mouth is bigger, and is now facing the listener. The Maarga had two 6"x9" oval bass drivers in isobaric configuration. The new model has four 6" dia drivers in isobaric mode. In the older version, the bass driver was firing down towards the floor. In the new version the bass drivers are front firing.

The shortening of the labirynth substantially changes the tonal balance bringing in much more lower midrange and upper bass ( which was about the only complaint some people had about the older line of Maargas ). It has also upped sensitivity by about 1.5 db, and increased transparency and dynamics. The sound is more "effortless".

The redesign of the bass and repositioning as front firing has increased bass detail as well as dynamics. More punchy.

Since it was major changes....we had to change the design of the enclosures as well.

Same redesign applies to the Saadhana.

They are now.....quite spectacular sounding -- even if I say so myself.

Best

Jacob

Folks, last week I got an email from Mr. Jacob George about his new updates to his best sellers - Rethm Maarga and Saadhna...

See for yourself!

I am also adding the unedited explanation from him to me.... This indeed looks very very promising! Looks like I need to plan a trip soon...
Email from Jacob:

Manav,

Yes.....it is our first major redesign in 10 years. And so we took the opportunity to rethink everything. Except for the fact of course that the fundamental configuration remains the same....ie, wideband horn loaded with powered bass module.

It is a complete redesign. Started with the internals. So the labirynth has been changed -- it is shortened, and the mouth is bigger, and is now facing the listener. The Maarga had two 6"x9" oval bass drivers in isobaric configuration. The new model has four 6" dia drivers in isobaric mode. In the older version, the bass driver was firing down towards the floor. In the new version the bass drivers are front firing.

The shortening of the labirynth substantially changes the tonal balance bringing in much more lower midrange and upper bass ( which was about the only complaint some people had about the older line of Maargas ). It has also upped sensitivity by about 1.5 db, and increased transparency and dynamics. The sound is more "effortless".

The redesign of the bass and repositioning as front firing has increased bass detail as well as dynamics. More punchy.

Since it was major changes....we had to change the design of the enclosures as well.

Best

Jacob

Are you considering upgrading to the updated versions of the Maarga or Saadhana from your Bhaava?

See for yourself!

Email from Jacob:

Manav,

Best

Jacob

Thanks for sharing. I have been eying on Rethm speakers. Specially the Saadhna.

What will be the pricing for Indian buyers? Or will it be the same as International pricing, which we will know from international review sites such as 6 moons etc in US$?
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited by a moderator:
What will be the pricing for Indian buyers? Or will it be the same as International pricing, which we will know from international review sites such as 6 moons etc in US$?
Cheers,
Sid
The Aarkas are priced lower in India. Not sure if that extends to the higher end models

I am sure that these will be priced lower for the Indian market... As has been the case up until now...

Had a query regarding the earlier Rethm Maargas, mine has a flat copper wire, almost like a plate connecting the full ranger to the bass module. And it has heat shrink as insulation. This seems very fragile and prone to break.
To the rethm owners : are all the speakers internally cabeled the same .....

Had a query regarding the earlier Rethm Maargas, mine has a flat copper wire, almost like a plate connecting the full ranger to the bass module. And it has heat shrink as insulation. This seems very fragile and prone to break.
To the rethm owners : are all the speakers internally cabeled the same .....
Same in my Trishnas.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back