Rethm Tube Amp. Its finally here

Noted.I checked the EBay link. I will probably buy them when I go to the US next year- I need 4 tubes in my amp. I have seen the higher priced stuff form China, and havent been too interested in investing mucho dinero on those..I have an EL 34 pp amp from Sophia Electric who also offer their matched 45s costing $ 300-325/a pair! TJ Meshplates from diyhifisupply are also equally expensive.

amangeorge-albums-gear-picture3699-rethm-gaanam-amp.jpg

Hi Shaizada

Where did you get these pictures of the Rethm amp? Just curious. My amps look very similar to these but the dimensions are different. Also they use 6BL7 tubes for preamp section. The ones above appear to be headphone amps.

Last edited:
The one above is my headphone amp (I assume the pictures are from Head-Fi.org) - I believe it's something close to the preamp section of your integrated, which it sounds like is about twice the size of the preamp/headphone amp (although I haven't seen pictures yet).

Hi Shaizada

Where did you get these pictures of the Rethm amp? Just curious. My amps look very similar to these but the dimensions are different. Also they use 6BL7 tubes for preamp section. The ones above appear to be headphone amps.

The one above is my headphone amp (I assume the pictures are from Head-Fi.org) - I believe it's something close to the preamp section of your integrated, which it sounds like is about twice the size of the preamp/headphone amp (although I haven't seen pictures yet).

Welcome aboard aman. That picture is indeed from your head-fi post. Is the tube compliment the same for preamp and headphone amp sections? I would imagine the input tubes to be same, but I don't think the output tubes might be.

My headphone amp (it's basically the preamp section in the integrated) also uses 6BL7 tubes, and as prem says it seems the output section uses KT88 tubes - but correct me if I'm wrong, prem, I dont actually know that much about the integrated.

Last edited:
Hi Aman

The integrated uses KT88 tubes for the output. 6550 tubes can also be used.

Great setup Prem. you must have freed up a lot of space after the De Havillands !
How is the rack doing ?

Hi Prem,

That is a great system.Looks fantastic too.

Would love to hear it.

Regards
Rajiv

Prem,

Congratulations, on my next trip to Mumbai I will drop in. I am eagerly waiting for the D-day.

regards

Prem,

Fantastic set up. I am sure it sounds as great as it looks.

Just curious: when you say this amp sounds better than the Leben CS600, did you listen to the Leben CS600 with same set-up as in the case of the Rethm amp? Also, did you have a chance to listen to the CS300 which is the original Leben integrated and compare, because price and power-wise it is closer to your amp?

I'd love to hear more about the sonic characters of this amp. Really glad to get a taste of your excitement. If I am in Mumbai and have some time (and you are free and in the mood) I'd like to have a first hand experience of your gear including your speakers.

I wish you all the enjoyment with this amp and the whole set-up.

Regards.

Hi Asit

I have not heard the Leben 300. The 600 i have heard in Singapore with the Devore Fidelity speakers and in Mumbai with the Living Voice speakers. I somehow did not find them to be very transparent. The microdynamics was also lacking. Maybe it was the tubes.

Infact i had requested Sridhar at ARN to listen to the Leben 300 with the Rethms.

Whenever you are in Mumbai you are most welcome to come home and listen to the setup.

Prem,

I have not heard any other Lebens than mine. But the strengths of my Leben CS300 is precisely transparency and microdynamics. It is just not my opinion. World-wide people have considered these as strengths of all Lebens especially the CS300. I am very surprised by your comment. If you ever come to Kolkata, you are very welcome to my very modest place and have a listen. My Cantons (especially on their new stands) will have a big surprise for you :D.

Regards.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back