Reubensm's visit to Vinyl Bunglow

I have nothing planned yet my freinds, but I suggest it would be great to go anytime next month. I was thinking if anyone had a comfortable car, we could chip in and drive to Kottayam (unless it is too long a journey).

If it is after 3rd week of June then I would like to join.:). Weekend is preferable.

Any weekend preferably Saturdays except 27th-28th June looks fine for me to host a Vinyl meet here. If there are four or five guys from Bangalore, driving down may be more convenient and may work out cheaper too.

When will you be in Kerala next month? I will not be in Kottayam from 26th June to 30th. I can host a one day vinyl meet any other weekend except 8th Sunday. In short, if anyone can plan either for the weekends of 16th or 22nd, I will be delighted.

Thanks. The date is not finalized but I will keep the 26th June to 30th in mind when I plan out. Also will send you a PM when the date is finalized..

Could one of us take the initiative and plan the trip, so that we can then have a schedule? Also should we get a car rental or a personal car? and most importantly what date do we schedule the meet for?

People Who are intrested are :

Sandesh
Square Wave
Reubensm
Robin Landanson
Selvin
Peace Sells
Tanoj

Dates to avoid as per Mr. Kuruvilajacob : 26th June to 30th june

Dates suggested : 15th, 22nd ( Both are sundays )

Available saturdays (Mr. Kuruvilajacob ) as recomended by are : 07, 14, 21

Since we are 7 people, booking a Inova will be a option / we can book train ticket

Regards

Tanoj

People Who are intrested are :

Sandesh
Square Wave
Reubensm
Robin Landanson
Selvin
Peace Sells
Tanoj

Dates to avoid as per Mr. Kuruvilajacob : 26th June to 30th june

Dates suggested : 15th, 22nd ( Both are sundays )

Available saturdays (Mr. Kuruvilajacob ) as recomended by are : 07, 14, 21

Since we are 7 people, booking a Inova will be a option / we can book train ticket

Regards

Tanoj
We can leave Friday night, reach Saturday and leave on Sunday. What say guys?

Had the honour of hosting Mr. Kuruvila at my home yesterday evening. He had been to Trivandrum on some business and was kind enough to stop by to collect my Garrard 401 and Lenco L75 decks and tonearm. He is helping me with the plinth builds for these decks. He is also helping me service my Akai GX630D reel deck. Although we spent most of the time packing the turntables, he did get a chance to audition my current setup with the SL3200 and 3020, running with my 700T speakers. We listened to a bit of Gracie Rivera and also to Joe Jackson's Night and Day. Looking forward to hosting him in the future as well.

Had the honour of hosting Mr. Kuruvila at my home yesterday evening. He had been to Trivandrum on some business and was kind enough to stop by to collect my Garrard 401 and Lenco L75 decks and tonearm. He is helping me with the plinth builds for these decks. He is also helping me service my Akai GX630D reel deck. Although we spent most of the time packing the turntables, he did get a chance to audition my current setup with the SL3200 and 3020, running with my 700T speakers. We listened to a bit of Gracie Rivera and also to Joe Jackson's Night and Day. Looking forward to hosting him in the future as well.

It's always a pleasant experience to spend time with Reuben. He and his son Joshua were very hospitable and I must say that Reuben has the potential to convert his music space into a very nice one when he decides and I was surprised to hear very decent performance from highly under rated BPL Tower speakers. Actually those speakers were the best they brought out at a time BPL was attempting to make inroads into a starving Indian audio market and carve a name for themselves.

It's always a pleasant experience to spend time with Reuben. He and his son Joshua were very hospitable and I must say that Reuben has the potential to convert his music space into a very nice one when he decides and I was surprised to hear very decent performance from highly under rated BPL Tower speakers. Actually those speakers were the best they brought out at a time BPL was attempting to make inroads into a starving Indian audio market and carve a name for themselves.

You are very welcome Mr. Kuruvila and it was out pleasure hosting you. The next time you visit, I insist that you spend much more time.

On another note, I have often been on the receiving side of jokes about my BPL speakers :eek:hyeah: and the very fact that NAD equipment is used to drive it, makes it look even funnier to the onlooker. However the fact is that I've enjoyed some good music using them, since the 1990s. When you visited yesterday, I had the tone controls running flat but with the loudness control on, on the 3020 but I normally listen to them with bass and treble boost. If the logo on the speaker grill is concealed, it would be hard to tell that these speakers originated BPL factory at Palakkad, Kerala. You are the very first person whom I've met (apart from my father, brother and wife) who has actually given a good opinion about them. I guess, the hi-fi business is very brand-driven these days.

This is good news Reuben. Great to know that you have an expert helping you with your 401 and L75 builds. With the expertise Mr. Kuruvila's carpenter has, I reckon the plinths will be completed in less than a week with very accurate details for tonearm etc. Would the Jelco get on the 401?

This is good news Reuben. Great to know that you have an expert helping you with your 401 and L75 builds. With the expertise Mr. Kuruvila's carpenter has, I reckon the plinths will be completed in less than a week with very accurate details for tonearm etc. Would the Jelco get on the 401?

the current plan is to have the Jelco go on the L75, need to get another Jelco for the 401. Mr. Kuruvila's is the expert and his help has saved me a lot of time and effort. Also, I know that the build is in safe and highly knowledgeable hands which is well and truly comforting. The local interest levels in these builds is on all all time high with lots of colleagues and friends waiting to listen to the final product. Now even my wife has started giving some design ideas for the Lenco plinth :)

Last edited:
To be very frank, I am a bit nervous when I take up these projects for others. I hope I will be able to complete it without any hitch. Getting hold of my carpenter is the next big task. I have always got the plinths made at my place but this time, i am planning to get it done at the carpenters work shop. I think I may be able to get a smoother finish there and hope the cosmetic work becomes easier and more pleasing. I may request RP to order 8 numbers spikes from Mr. Murthy . I will decide that later.

To be very frank, I am a bit nervous when I take up these projects for others. I hope I will be able to complete it without any hitch. Getting hold of my carpenter is the next big task. I have always got the plinths made at my place but this time, i am planning to get it done at the carpenters work shop. I think I may be able to get a smoother finish there and hope the cosmetic work becomes easier and more pleasing. I may request RP to order 8 numbers spikes from Mr. Murthy . I will decide that later.

No worries Mr. Kuvuvila, I just want to hear them sing :)

Sandesh,
What's the progress on the Vinyl meet ?. Why don't you take the lead and organize the trip on any one of the weekends of the two weekends suggested. 14th-15th or 21st-22nd of September. Should we start a new thread on this ?

Sandesh,
What's the progress on the Vinyl meet ?. Why don't you take the lead and organize the trip on any one of the weekends of the two weekends suggested. 14th-15th or 21st-22nd of September. Should we start a new thread on this ?
I will start a new thread, so that it doesnt get buried in the other comments. Both weekends sound good to me

Back