Reubensm's visit to Vinyl Bunglow

kuruvilajacob

I was indeed fortunate and honored to host our beloved FM Reuben on Friday. It was a long awaited meeting. We had a wonderful 6 hours together during which time I could show him most of my vintage collectible audio collections. It was a wonderful evening . The Nakamichi 1000 was really the star of the evening I think. With so many TTs around me, I am spending most of my listening on my NAK 1000. It's that good. I have been promised a whole lot of cassettes by my friend who had recorded most of my present lot of good cassettes.I am excited about it. We spent close to 5 hours in my Listening room listening to all the TTs connected. These included my two 301s, Lenco L 75, Linn and of course Micro Seikie. It's a pity Reuben did not carry his Camera. But we shared lots of our thoughts related to music and systems and I am amazed at his knowledge on many finer aspects. I have assured him that I will make plinths for his two 'Gems' . The 401 and L 75. I hope I will be able to complete those projects soon. Thank you Reuben for taking the trouble to come all the way.

Thanks Mr. Kuruvila, it was a pleasure visiting you. With our finance year end in June (not March as with Indian corporates), I will have a lot of free time over the weekends and hope to have those idlers running as soon as possible. Would be great to listen to them. I am also quite keen to get the reel deck serviced, hope your technician can take it on.

Also nice to meet up with your Son. He's given me some career ideas. I am also ever so thankful to him for carrying the Lenco plinth down to Trivandrum.

Also, just in case you missed, I've written a separate article on the visit:

http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/51786-afternoon-mr-kuruvilas.html

Sir, a visit to the Vinyl Bunglow is a learning experience for all. And as Reuben said in his thread that it is like visiting a hall of fame. Where else would one find such legendary turntables and tape decks singing in perfect harmony. I am amazed at your effort too. Acquiring a lot of turntables is still easy, but maintaining all machines in top shape requires some real effort, of another level.

Having said all this, even I have a secret desire to visit your place and be fortunate enough like a few other FMs who have witnessed the magic themselves.

Thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Saket

Sir, a visit to the Vinyl Bunglow is a learning experience for all. And as Reuben said in his thread that it is like visiting a hall of fame. Where else would one find such legendary turntables and tape decks singing in perfect harmony. I am amazed at your effort too. Acquiring a lot of turntables is still easy, but maintaining all machines in top shape requires some real effort, of another level.

Having said all this, even I have a secret desire to visit your place and be fortunate enough like a few other FMs who have witnessed the magic themselves.

Thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Saket
Dear Saket,
I know from the forum that you are a real TT enthusiast. A visit to my place will be most welcome and I mean it from my heart

Dear Saket,
I know from the forum that you are a real TT enthusiast. A visit to my place will be most welcome and I mean it from my heart

Thank you so much for the invitation and the kind words. Had it not been the distance, I would have come much before.
My last & the only visit to Kerala was in 2005 and I enjoyed the beautiful place to the fullest. But now it looks like I need to visit Kerala for this special reason only.:) Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Saket

Looks like you've added a lot to your collection since we met.. I wish to visit you again Sir. Hope that day comes soon!

Yes,
There are several goodies added since your last visit. You are welcome to visitagain

Thanks a lot the invitation! It might be even better if some of us together (a group) can plan a visit to Mr. Kuruvila's place (If sir is ok with it). It'll be a nice big listening session+picnic :p

Thanks a lot the invitation! It might be even better if some of us together (a group) can plan a visit to Mr. Kuruvila's place (If sir is ok with it). It'll be a nice big listening session+picnic :p

The more the merrier. We can have a vinyl meet here sometime

Actually we Bangalore guys can make a trip together, since I plan to carry my decks and goto Kottayam to meet Mr. Kuruvila very soon. Saket what say?

Actually we Bangalore guys can make a trip together, since I plan to carry my decks and goto Kottayam to meet Mr. Kuruvila very soon. Saket what say?

I'm guessing when you say Saket you mean me :p Anyway.. yeah..all the guys from Blr can go together. That should be fun!

Last edited:
I'm guessing when you say Saket you mean me :p Anyway.. yeah..all the guys from Blr can go together. That should be fun!

Of course Saket!:) He said 'bangalore guys':sad:
Just joking guys. However, whenever I get a chance, I will surely drop sometime to Kuruvila sir's amazing Vinyl bunglow.:)

Hi friends,

i may join you guys for visiting Mr.Kuruvila Sir's Place, Please include my name in the joiner's list :)

Regards

Tanoj

If you guys are planning a group visit, take a train from Bangalore which directly stops in Kottayam. However, bookings in advance a must.

P.S: Never tried as I always preferred to drive down but a well recommended train journey by me friends.

Nice to see a meet of the vintage titans ! Would love to meet up with you gentlemen when I am in Kerala next month.

Nice to see a meet of the vintage titans ! Would love to meet up with you gentlemen when I am in Kerala next month.

When will you be in Kerala next month? I will not be in Kottayam from 26th June to 30th. I can host a one day vinyl meet any other weekend except 8th Sunday. In short, if anyone can plan either for the weekends of 16th or 22nd, I will be delighted.

I have nothing planned yet my freinds, but I suggest it would be great to go anytime next month. I was thinking if anyone had a comfortable car, we could chip in and drive to Kottayam (unless it is too long a journey). Please let me know if you'll plan to go by train, I believe someone told me its best to leave on a Mon-Thursday, as we will get confirmed seats. Also I dont check this forum regularly so one of you guys could sent me a pm, so I get it on my email.

Also Mr. Kuruvila, I hope you don't mind this incursion from Bangalore, I'm pretty excited at the prospect of seeing your vinyl players, vinyl collection and my tape players being reapired!

P.S: It will be great meeting all you guys Reubensm, Record Player, Peace Sells. Not to mention a few of us are Rock and Metal enthusiasts! :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back