Revel F36 Speaker issue

I informed within an hour. Mr. Raghu. Says he cannot replace it.
Contacting him daily, still not resolved.
He wants me to talk to his distributor.
It still not been resolved. I'm looking at what are my options.
Customer service has been pathetic.
Is it not dealer's responsibility to get it resolved? Very unethical behaviour.

If possible lodge a complaint in consumer court and send copy to dealer, distributer and company if you are not getting solution from them. They will take care of all once notice issue but this is last option.

If possible lodge a complaint in consumer court and send copy to dealer, distributer and company if you are not getting solution from them. They will take care of all once notice issue but this is last option.
Thank you. Yes, I am planning to do that this week.

Hi crowdme2...

Are yours the concerta series. If so then they have aluminum cone drivers and aluminum being an stable metal, will not disintegrate like paper cone drivers. So you could try cleaning the Mark's with a ear bud gently.

But at the same time, it is your right to have a brand new pair of speakers to your entire satisfaction. Unfortunately most of our dealers act smart. So I would logically escalate it to customer service dept of Harman .

But for all future purchase, please take delivery in the shop. Open before the dealer and inspect. And only take the collection if you are fully satisfied with it. Even if you have paid the amount in full in advance, do not collect the speakers. And if the dealer won't agree to change the speakers or refund the money, go to the nearest police station :D

We have to handle any high value purchase just like we handle a car or bike purchase. Always inspect in showroom before taking delivery.

Unfortunately its India, you cannot expect much. Harman wont take action against its valuable dealers. Dealer also wont loose anything, as if you want revel unfortunately you are out of options.

Hi,
I recently got the revel F36 towers. There is some white particles on one of the drivers. I informed the dealer the same day. He is refusing to replace the speaker.

He claims it is a common issue. It is not a defect. Asking me to speak to his distributor.

Is this an issue?

Please advise.
Are you sure you didn't spill something on the driver? kids/maids etc did it when you were away from the speaker?
Looks a lot like a spill then driver defect.

Hi crowdme2...

Are yours the concerta series. If so then they have aluminum cone drivers and aluminum being an stable metal, will not disintegrate like paper cone drivers. So you could try cleaning the Mark's with a ear bud gently.

But at the same time, it is your right to have a brand new pair of speakers to your entire satisfaction. Unfortunately most of our dealers act smart. So I would logically escalate it to customer service dept of Harman .

But for all future purchase, please take delivery in the shop. Open before the dealer and inspect. And only take the collection if you are fully satisfied with it. Even if you have paid the amount in full in advance, do not collect the speakers. And if the dealer won't agree to change the speakers or refund the money, go to the nearest police station :D

We have to handle any high value purchase just like we handle a car or bike purchase. Always inspect in showroom before taking delivery.
Yes lesson learnt. I expected basic customer support from the dealer. He couldn't care less.

Thank you. Yes I have it all. I'm really disappointed at the way, they are treating their customer.
Once payment is made, the after service is non existent.

Thank you. Yes I have it all. I'm really disappointed at the way, they are treating their customer.
Once payment is made, the after service is non existent.

I have communicated with HARMAN Luxury Audio about the issue... Sam Burkin (customer support coordinator ARCAM) responded positively and asked for more info.
If you can share your email id, i will forward the mail recd from them.
You can take it forward from here.

If this is an out of the box condition, then Decibels should replace it.
There are no 2-ways about it.

The smudges on the drivers are clearly bad and you should simply put the foot down and demand replacement.

They are quite a well known destination, and I am surprised by your experience.

Good luck with the replacement.

Could you post some new pics? May be we can see if it has evolved into something.

Are you sure this isn't a spill of some kind? Are they placed without their cloth covers?

I suffered from something similar with my speakers (different brand and no cloth cover at all). It turned out that when my maid was mopping the floor, she used to dip the mop in the bucket and lift out the mop and squeeze it dry with a vigorous action. The action of lifting the mop out of the bucket resulted in water being displaced from her hands or the mop itself in different directions and sometimes this was close to the speaker. The spots were not as many as yours. I was worried as my speaker has a paper cone. Fortunately; as the droplets were few, they dried up on their own. Can't fault the maid here. What does he /she know about being careful around Hi Fi. You can instruct them only so much.

If you have a small child around the house coming close to the speaker and swinging a feeding bottle, can also result in something like this.

If you have cloth covers, use them regardless of the "audiophile" opinion that they may interfere with reproduction. At the end of the day, you don't want you Rs. xxxxxx speaker damaged.

If that is a non paper cone, see if you can wipe it off gently with a damp 3M Kitchen wipe.

Last edited:
If that is a non paper cone, see if you can wipe it off gently with a damp 3M Kitchen wipe.

If the condition was out of the box and not on account of any mishap at your end, do not do anything and fight for a replacement.

If JBL India have a Twitter or Facebook account, post your issue there.
How can the dealer wash their hands off the problem.
I thought the spots had come while the speaker was in a installed state at home.

I have communicated with HARMAN Luxury Audio about the issue... Sam Burkin (customer support coordinator ARCAM) responded positively and asked for more info.
If you can share your email id, i will forward the mail recd from them.
You can take it forward from here.

Thank You. DM sent.

Are you sure this isn't a spill of some kind? Are they placed without their cloth covers?

I suffered from something similar with my speakers (different brand and no cloth cover at all). It turned out that when my maid was mopping the floor, she used to dip the mop in the bucket and lift out the mop and squeeze it dry with a vigorous action. The action of lifting the mop out of the bucket resulted in water being displaced from her hands or the mop itself in different directions and sometimes this was close to the speaker. The spots were not as many as yours. I was worried as my speaker has a paper cone. Fortunately; as the droplets were few, they dried up on their own. Can't fault the maid here. What does he /she know about being careful around Hi Fi. You can instruct them only so much.

If you have a small child around the house coming close to the speaker and swinging a feeding bottle, can also result in something like this.

If you have cloth covers, use them regardless of the "audiophile" opinion that they may interfere with reproduction. At the end of the day, you don't want you Rs. xxxxxx speaker damaged.

It was delivered at 7pm. I opened the grill an hour later to have a look. It was like that. No one else entered the room. It is a substance that has fallen on the production line.

The dealer wanted to try to clean it. I asked him to take full responsibility if it got worse. He did. Its cleared a bit, but the deeper markings would not go.

Video: https://streamable.com/16aym

Last edited:
The dealer wanted to try to clean it. I asked him to take full responsibility if it got worse. He did. Its cleared a bit, but the deeper making would not go.

If he has agreed to clean it, IMO it is as good as having admitted the issue. He should replace the speakers, or at-least the drivers. It is time Indian dealers started providing proper customer service.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back