Revel F36 Speaker issue

Thank You. DM sent.

It was delivered at 7pm. I opened the grill an hour later to have a look. It was like that. No one else entered the room. It is a substance that has fallen on the production line.

The dealer wanted to try to clean it. I asked him to take full responsibility if it got worse. He did. Its cleared a bit, but the deeper markings would not go.

Video: https://streamable.com/16aym
I don't think its routine issue, some liquid, a chemical in the factory has spilled over the driver and its not a end-user fault. Ask for replacement of the driver at least. Use SM handles to reach the Harman, they'll be more proactive in those lines. Nevertheless its a bad experience for life for anyone.

A friend of mine went to take SCM 11s delivery few months back, he found the speaker on left wasn't as resolving as the one on the right (in spite of matching serial numbers). Dealer tried to explain by way of differential burning which would get corrected over the time. My friend refused to take a delivery and asked the dealer to burn them in his demo. Since a partial payment was made and the dealer was genuinely interested to sort the issue, he obliged without a further discussion. In fact he's one of the good dealers we have met in Hyderabad. A month later the speakers needed to be sent back for replacement and he got a new pair.

So my take home from this was, don't buy speakers online, don't pay everything upfront, don't buy from Relatively Unknown dealers or dealers with bad reputation and Do Inspect the Drivers and listen at a length before taking delivery. Mostly our eagerness to take home the brand new speakers, lands us in trouble.

I don't think its routine issue, some liquid, a chemical in the factory has spilled over the driver and its not a end-user fault. Ask for replacement of the driver at least. Use SM handles to reach the Harman, they'll be more proactive in those lines. Nevertheless its a bad experience for life for anyone.

A friend of mine went to take SCM 11s delivery few months back, he found the speaker on left wasn't as resolving as the one on the right (in spite of matching serial numbers). Dealer tried to explain by way of differential burning which would get corrected over the time. My friend refused to take a delivery and asked the dealer to burn them in his demo. Since a partial payment was made and the dealer was genuinely interested to sort the issue, he obliged without a further discussion. In fact he's one of the good dealers we have met in Hyderabad. A month later the speakers needed to be sent back for replacement and he got a new pair.

So my take home from this was, don't buy speakers online, don't pay everything upfront, don't buy from Relatively Unknown dealers or dealers with bad reputation and Do Inspect the Drivers and listen at a length before taking delivery. Mostly our eagerness to take home the brand new speakers, lands us in trouble.

thank you. Yes they have agreed to replace the driver, which will take time to arrive. I want the whole speaker to be replaced.
Yes, My eagerness is partially to be blamed. I should have inspected the speakers before making the payment.

thank you. Yes they have agreed to replace the driver, which will take time to arrive. I want the whole speaker to be replaced.
Yes, My eagerness is partially to be blamed. I should have inspected the speakers before making the payment.
I wonder how they would react in case of a warranty issue then after a year or so. I think its better to get grey market stuff in that case.

Don't blame your eagerness, If it was a reputable dealer, the replacement process would be easy.

At least your issue is getting resolved, all the best.

This is a bit of a losing battle with a dealer that isn't being accountable.
If the speakers are functionally fine, then I would leave things as they are.
I would still ask that you communicate this with Harman so they are aware of how the dealer is responding to you.

Sadly; most of our dealers treat this as pure business and not for the love of music.

I have spoken with Raghu of Decibels a few times and felt that he was a nice gentleman, but what you say is true then we must avoid Decibels in the future. It is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the buyer is happy even after sales.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back