Review of BIC America Speakers

efernand1

I have not found any review on BIC America speakers and hence posting my experience on the same. Lucky for me there is a seller and I made time last Sunday to go and hear them.

This guy stays in south Mumbai and is a family man.small place.approx 300 sq ft

He has wall mounted the DV32 Bookshelf speakers and has the intriguing looking 12 inch sub which is massive

The speakers are connected to the Marantz SR 5008 AVR.

He gave me a very good audition of movies and music..even concertsplayed mp3s, Audio CDs, FLAC content etc..using Pioneer Blu Ray player connected via HDMI.

Bookshelf speakers..they are nice if you are considering budget onesthese are better than Boston Acoustics which I used in the pastthey are more punchier with good mid bass and clear mids with decent highs.Cabinets have a tough built and smooth finishwhich is the essence of any good speakerperformance was nice and you could really hear the Marantz warm signatureheard all genres of music, classical, rock, pop, trance, house, ballads, etc. Ofcourse Hotel California was played too....

The Centre speaker was good, clear vocals with balanced tones of lows, mids and highs were heard without any jarring or audible distortion.

The sub H100ii was the cherry on the cake, room vibrating bass very clear, goes down to almost 24hz.Jurassic Park, Cast Away, 2012, Pearl habour, Independence Day, Gi Joe & Fast Furious 6 scenes with packed action which burst out all frequencies was spell bounding indeed. The Sub lives its best reputation of budget onesvalue for moneyworth every penny..rear ported and front firing

Overall, he could really crank up the volume for such a small place, it was a better experience than any small theatre I have been so far minus the screen which was a 32 inch LED TV. Good balance of all frequencies etc.

He wants to upgrade to another system and hence his only reason for sellinghe seems ready to let it go for 51k (full 5.1 speaker set). I guess he will settle for 50k. He has the 7 years warranty cards for all the speakers and subwoofer. The speakers sound well as I assume the break in of 20-40 hours for them has happened and so anyone thinking to pick these pre owned speakers can go ahead as it is backed with the warranty.

He is willing to let go the SR5008 AVR for 48k which is around 15 months old which I think would be possibly a decent price.

Overall the speakers and the AVR condition is as good as almost 10/10, he keeps his things carefully and regularly engages in cleaning them from the dust that keeps coming in from his large windowhe works the whole day and has very little time to use the system over the weekends..

Hope this review is helpful to those who want to venture out for BIC America speakers

I had a chance to listen to the DV32 and DV52 recently. Before writing about them I just searched in this forum and found this thread. I have exactly the same impression about these speakers. I could listen to DV52s which are based on 5" drivers. They did not sound something enclosed in plastic and had better base due to larger drivers. DV52 has got threaded hole for wall mounting and multiple key hole mounting option as well. Dv32 do not have any threaded hole.

I was interested in bookshelves that can be wall mounted and do not protrude too much from wall. So I found these speakers. Got to know from Avenuesound that I can listen to them in Bangalore. Currently this audition is in a house living room at Basaveswar Nagar.

Overall I found them little bit bright with Denon to my liking. I think that is due the fact that they are just taken out from the box and not broken in. Expert opinion required on this. BIC DV series is in my favorite list while finalizing my HT setup.

Anyone interested to listen BIC speakers in Bangalore, can reach to Santhosh. +91 9900068654.

He has got Denon AVR, F12 Sub and BIC Tower and a centre speaker from the same series as well.

I will soon start another thread for seeking advise to setup my first HT system.

I have not found any review on BIC America speakers and hence posting my experience on the same. Lucky for me there is a seller and I made time last Sunday to go and hear them.

This guy stays in south Mumbai and is a family man.small place.approx 300 sq ft

He has wall mounted the DV32 Bookshelf speakers and has the intriguing looking 12 inch sub which is massive

The speakers are connected to the Marantz SR 5008 AVR.

He gave me a very good audition of movies and music..even concertsplayed mp3s, Audio CDs, FLAC content etc..using Pioneer Blu Ray player connected via HDMI.

Bookshelf speakers..they are nice if you are considering budget onesthese are better than Boston Acoustics which I used in the pastthey are more punchier with good mid bass and clear mids with decent highs.Cabinets have a tough built and smooth finishwhich is the essence of any good speakerperformance was nice and you could really hear the Marantz warm signatureheard all genres of music, classical, rock, pop, trance, house, ballads, etc. Ofcourse Hotel California was played too....

The Centre speaker was good, clear vocals with balanced tones of lows, mids and highs were heard without any jarring or audible distortion.

The sub H100ii was the cherry on the cake, room vibrating bass very clear, goes down to almost 24hz.Jurassic Park, Cast Away, 2012, Pearl habour, Independence Day, Gi Joe & Fast Furious 6 scenes with packed action which burst out all frequencies was spell bounding indeed. The Sub lives its best reputation of budget onesvalue for moneyworth every penny..rear ported and front firing

Overall, he could really crank up the volume for such a small place, it was a better experience than any small theatre I have been so far minus the screen which was a 32 inch LED TV. Good balance of all frequencies etc.

He wants to upgrade to another system and hence his only reason for sellinghe seems ready to let it go for 51k (full 5.1 speaker set). I guess he will settle for 50k. He has the 7 years warranty cards for all the speakers and subwoofer. The speakers sound well as I assume the break in of 20-40 hours for them has happened and so anyone thinking to pick these pre owned speakers can go ahead as it is backed with the warranty.

He is willing to let go the SR5008 AVR for 48k which is around 15 months old which I think would be possibly a decent price.

Overall the speakers and the AVR condition is as good as almost 10/10, he keeps his things carefully and regularly engages in cleaning them from the dust that keeps coming in from his large windowhe works the whole day and has very little time to use the system over the weekends..

Hope this review is helpful to those who want to venture out for BIC America speakers

Thanks Efernand,
You actually took so much pain to write this detailed review.

Welcome guys!

Happy to help...

The BICs are still on sale...guess he is bitten by the upgrade bug....they are really good.

Hi

The sub costs 44k odd...the DV32s are 9k odd per pair and center is around 9k odd again

Avenue Sound is the seller

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back