Bookshelf Speaker advise needed

Ankit_613

Hi All,

I am currently using Klipsch quintet V as my home theatre speakers along with R12SW sub.

I am thinking about upgrading to bookshelf speakers along with a new center speaker. I have shortlisted following combos:
Kef Q150+250c, Klipsch RP500m ii+R500c, Polk R100+R300c, B&W 607 S2/S3+HTM6 S2.

I have heard these bookshelf speakers at different points of time & not together. Overall I liked the sound of B&W S3 the most.

If anyone has been able to compare these speakers, do share the feedback.

my AVR is Denon X1200W.

I am visiting Thailand in near future & carry these speakers back. Has anyone brought bookshelf speakers as check in luggage?

Thanks !

You already own Klipsh speakers, so you definitely like the RP series, and it's a plus to have all the speakers from the same manufacturer. but B&W will be a great upgrade if you have that budget. I have experienced the B&W 607, 706, and Kliplish RP series at the same time. For me, I like the sound of B&W, but Klipsh is not bad; they have very good top-highs for movies. but it will be fatigue for some people. (like me:D)

Kef, polk wound not be a good choice if you already like the klipsh sound. but a good audition will be a good idea to find the winner.

I have carried bookshelf speakers in check-in luggage. without original packaging and wrapped with bubble wrap, and came out through the green channel without any issues.

You already own Klipsh speakers, so you definitely like the RP series, and it's a plus to have all the speakers from the same manufacturer. but B&W will be a great upgrade if you have that budget. I have experienced the B&W 607, 706, and Kliplish RP series at the same time. For me, I like the sound of B&W, but Klipsh is not bad; they have very good top-highs for movies. but it will be fatigue for some people. (like me:D)

Kef, polk wound not be a good choice if you already like the klipsh sound. but a good audition will be a good idea to find the winner.

I have carried bookshelf speakers in check-in luggage. without original packaging and wrapped with bubble wrap, and came out through the green channel without any issues.

I have recently stumbled upon Monitor Audio Bronze 100. It sounded nice with its 8" drivers. The price differential between India & Thailand is not much. My heart desires B&W speakers. But the combo along with HTM6 S2 is pretty expensive. But it is much more expensive in India.

Have you booked the speakers separately with check in luggage or you brought them in your suitcase?

Thanks !

I have recently stumbled upon Monitor Audio Bronze 100. It sounded nice with its 8" drivers. The price differential between India & Thailand is not much. My heart desires B&W speakers. But the combo along with HTM6 S2 is pretty expensive. But it is much more expensive in India.

Have you booked the speakers separately with check in luggage or you brought them in your suitcase?

Thanks !
I brought in my suitcase. with bubble wrap around the speakers, and the bottom and top were protected with some clothes. In my case, I only fitted a pair of bookshelves into one bag. A separate check-in luggage with the original speaker package is also fine. For more safety, you use one more cardboard box outside the original package.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back