Best bookshelf speakers under 1 lac

That’s a statement worth pondering.
Other than the actual cost paid how do we put a value on audio equipment?
Separate thread for this?
Reminds me of Economics 101 lessons on value and utility - the water vs diamonds paradox. The lesser utility a product has (diamonds) the more value it has.

The catch is that it's difficult to put an objective number on value (how much satisfaction does this diamond give you?), but it may be easier to put a number and therefore a price on utility (x litres of water can serve the needs of y humans for z days)

But is it gonna be as smooth as the Castle Knight 2? Also, is the Denton competent when it is sold at what is 2x its selling price some 5 years back?
The Castle Knight 2’s are now priced at Rs 69k! I think Dentons are superior though. Yes, the same kind of listeners would get attracted to both, but Dentons would sound more refined. I’d not replace my CK2 with them though, but if I could locate a Denton 80 (earlier anniversary version) at reasonable price, I’d quite likely go for it. Those to me, were the closest to the sound I like. The 85’s have been designed to be driven by more amps, and are an excellent choice for vocal and acoustic music, but won’t woo me away from the CK2s. They are more open, and brighter than the 80s, but not quite the ease and smoothness of the 80s. Still, one of the best choices for new speakers below a lac for its kind of listeners today.
It's the same with Linton. Launched at 100k and now it is 180k. Mind numbing price increase.
Yeah, let’s just agree that IMG hit it out of the park with these retro styled and somewhat retro voiced speakers and can therefore encash on them. The Linton was a sleeper hit to say the least. Even the Audiolab offerings have moved significantly northwards post the 6000 series.

Regarding prices, I do not think we can jude the worth of a product from Indian prices. India isn't a big market for them at all. Pre COVID Denton 85 was selling for 549 GBP and 900 USD in the UK and USA and now it is 600 GBP and 1000 USD.
At least that is how I judge their value, from the USA and UK prices.

Can you name a 40k speaker that is comparable to Denton 85 in sound quality?
Many used speakers will supercede the Denton for the same price as them

There's scarcely any correlation between the price of the used speakers and the sound quality.

The speakers that are my main speakers right now, I have paid the least for. Interestingly

Can you name a 40k speaker that is comparable to Denton 85 in sound quality?
The Mission QX-2, at less than 40K, will better the Denton 85 in quite a few respects. It's all about what the listener wants from the speaker.

The Denton was a comparable speaker to the Mission pre covid, except the price of the Denton went up while the Mission stayed the same.

The Mission QX-2, at less than 40K, will better the Denton 85 in quite a few respects. It's all about what the listener wants from the speaker.

The Denton was a comparable speaker to the Mission pre covid, except the price of the Denton went up while the Mission stayed the same.
Namely?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back