Review of SMD Audio's Floorstanding speaker - Model#: SF35G

Sandesh.......you may also want to check out some of the other Indian manufacturers that I listed out in an earlier post. There are products that suit all budgets, and compete very well with international products. Since you are in B'lore, why not check out acoustic portrait (https://acousticportrait.com/). They make top class products and have two ranges based on budget

Best,
APK
Acousticportrait don't make 3 way 5 drive speaker , SMD speakers for 50.000₹ is good value for money , I think , ( floor stand speaker )

Im in the market for a pair of speakers. Please PM me so I can get some more info on these speakers and demo. Point to mentioned - The SMD website is offline....
Hi Sandesh,
Try reaching him on Facebook link below:

I've sent you PM having SMD cell number (same is also on the Facebook page link above)

Acousticportrait don't make 3 way 5 drive speaker , SMD speakers for 50.000₹ is good value for money , I think , ( floor stand speaker )
Hi Mahi,
Speaker sound quality does not have a direct co-relation to the number of drivers used. The design, quality of drivers, cross-over, voicing etc are a few of the parameters that play into the final sound quality that we hear. I've heard excellent single driver speakers and excellent multi-driver speakers (2, 3, 4, 5 drivers and even multi-array). The best way to judge the quality of a speaker is to listen to it - one driver, two drivers or 10 drivers, does it really matter to the listener? If you like it, who cares how many drivers it has!

Best,
APK

P.S - While I am in no way an Acoustic Portrait fanboy, I would suggest that you give it a listen before dismissing it. I have heard them, and IMO, they provide excellent value at their price point. YMMV though....

Hi Mahi,
Speaker sound quality does not have a direct co-relation to the number of drivers used. The design, quality of drivers, cross-over, voicing etc are a few of the parameters that play into the final sound quality that we hear. I've heard excellent single driver speakers and excellent multi-driver speakers (2, 3, 4, 5 drivers and even multi-array). The best way to judge the quality of a speaker is to listen to it - one driver, two drivers or 10 drivers, does it really matter to the listener? If you like it, who cares how many drivers it has!

Best,
APK

P.S - While I am in no way an Acoustic Portrait fanboy, I would suggest that you give it a listen before dismissing it. I have heard them, and IMO, they provide excellent value at their price point. YMMV though....
Thank you for your valuable reply , # APK

Hi mahi :)

Please don't judge a speakers merit by the number of its drivers. There is a lot more to it. Please have a listen / audition before you take the plunge please.

Integrating 5 drivers with a crossover with proper components costs a bomb. I know that. So there will be sacrifices made to arrive at the price point. It is for you to have a listen and see if you are happy with those compromises. No speaker ever created at any price is perfect for everything. Ive made my compromises...So will you have to make, you just have to have a listen if you can live with those compromises or not...or else you will be on speaker buy bandwagon like me :D

Hi mahi :)

Please don't judge a speakers merit by the number of its drivers. There is a lot more to it. Please have a listen / audition before you take the plunge please.

Integrating 5 drivers with a crossover with proper components costs a bomb. I know that. So there will be sacrifices made to arrive at the price point. It is for you to have a listen and see if you are happy with those compromises. No speaker ever created at any price is perfect for everything. Ive made my compromises...So will you have to make, you just have to have a listen if you can live with those compromises or not...or else you will be on speaker buy bandwagon like me :D
Thank you for your valuable reply , I clearly mentioned , # SMD speaker is VLF ( value for money ) , I don't tell this one good ,& other brands are bad , , thank you

Thank you for your valuable reply , I clearly mentioned , # SMD speaker is VLF ( value for money ) , I don't tell this one good ,& other brands are bad , , thank you

Hi mahi

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Iam sorry if I did, though it was not my intention..So I will get off this post . Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back