Reviews about ONKYO RZ50

Manish Sharma

Hi anyone there using the Onkyo RZ50?? Want to know about its pros and cons…Thinking of buying one so thought of asking about its performance

Haven’t heard it but did watch this a while back - Andrew Robinson gave it best AVR for
2021. Are you planning to use Dirac Live?

Haven’t heard it but did watch this a while back - Andrew Robinson gave it best AVR for
2021. Are you planning to use Dirac Live?

I have never used Dirac before..Will be trying for the first time once I have it in my hands…If it was beat of 2021 now 2023 is coming…The receiver is already 2 years old…But I dont see anything new coming up from onkyo in 2023

I have never used Dirac before..Will be trying for the first time once I have it in my hands…If it was beat of 2021 now 2023 is coming…The receiver is already 2 years old…But I dont see anything new coming up from onkyo in 2023
The new Denon/Marantz models are now reaching feature parity with Onkyo in terms of multiple 8K inputs, Dirac, etc so Onlyo is still current. So D&M have been a year behind. Also rumors on ASR etc say there will be an Onkyo TX-RZ-70/TX-RZ-90 coming out next year

The new Denon/Marantz models are now reaching feature parity with Onkyo in terms of multiple 8K inputs, Dirac, etc so Onlyo is still current. So D&M have been a year behind. Also rumors on ASR etc say there will be an Onkyo TX-RZ-70/TX-RZ-90 coming out next year
Okk I watched the review of andrew robinson …He is quite impressed with the sound stage of onkyo RZ50 as compared to denon and marantz…He is saying the only model of marantz which competes with the sound quality of RZ50 is marantz cinema 50…which is expensive as well…I am getting RZ50 at 1,40,000/- …Should I pull the trigger or wait for RZ70/90

Okk I watched the review of andrew robinson …He is quite impressed with the sound stage of onkyo RZ50 as compared to denon and marantz…He is saying the only model of marantz which competes with the sound quality of RZ50 is marantz cinema 50…which is expensive as well…I am getting RZ50 at 1,40,000/- …Should I pull the trigger or wait for RZ70/90
Oh nice from where? The lowest I’ve been able to find is 1,50,000/-.
It’s not clear what the 70/90 will be - it might be a step up with 9/11 amp/processing or 11 channels if amp and processing. If the latter, it’ll be probably much more expensive
Marantz Cinema 50 has great reviews, price in India a dealer said is expected around 2.5L

Oh nice from where? The lowest I’ve been able to find is 1,50,000/-.
It’s not clear what the 70/90 will be - it might be a step up with 9/11 amp/processing or 11 channels if amp and processing. If the latter, it’ll be probably much more expensive
Marantz Cinema 50 has great reviews, price in India a dealer said is expected around 2.5L
I am getting it in chandigarh…I am thinking of pairing it with Monitor audio bronze 100

Did you get the RZ-50? How does it sound?
It has just arrived at the store yesterday … Will take the demo at the shop first … If there will be sound difference of day and night level then only I will buy that…To me my harman kardon sounds pretty decent….though its quite old approx 10 years … but I am just interested in the sound quality rather than the features…Lets see…I will post after listening

It has just arrived at the store yesterday … Will take the demo at the shop first … If there will be sound difference of day and night level then only I will buy that…To me my harman kardon sounds pretty decent….though its quite old approx 10 years … but I am just interested in the sound quality rather than the features…Lets see…I will post after listening
Hi Manish, Did you manage to get audition for Onkyo RZ50? Could you share your initial impressions? I am planning to buy denon x4700h..wanted to know if i should go for Onkyo rather.

Finally did you purchase RZ50 or RZ70? How has been your listening experience and what is your set up? What was your previous AVR?
Did you slso consider Integra DRX 8.4 vis-a-vis RZ70 or Denon 8500HA?

Back