Revive sale of Gramophone records

vmscbe1974

Dear friends

Its our chance and responsibility to revive the re-issue of Gramophone records by Recording Companies like :HMV, MusicIndia(POLYDOR), T-series, TIPS, Echo, Lahari , SEA, INRECO.

We could make a collective effort to the companies to sell their stock of records and they also clear up the issue with excise and sales tax authorities regarding tax percentage.They could make an effort to sell through their Official Websites with minimum order .

I would be happy if any one with contacts with the recording companies could take up this issue.

Thanking you
Yours Sincerely
Srinivas

Dear friends

Its our chance and responsibility to revive the re-issue of Gramophone records by Recording Companies like :HMV, MusicIndia(POLYDOR), T-series, TIPS, Echo, Lahari , SEA, INRECO.

We could make a collective effort to the companies to sell their stock of records and they also clear up the issue with excise and sales tax authorities regarding tax percentage.They could make an effort to sell through their Official Websites with minimum order .

I would be happy if any one with contacts with the recording companies could take up this issue.

Thanking you
Yours Sincerely
Srinivas

I have a feeling that these Record companies have sold all their old stock to collectors and re-sellers but i cud be horribly wrong .

Hi Ajay

The recording companies cannot distribute their stocks just like that, as it attracts Sales tax and excise duty.Either they should destroy their stocks for want of space or should be kept safely in a godown. For record sellers in chennai one can get good collections from Moore market ; Sampath and ramulu each have a shop and Ravi of Poppat jamal & sons opp.Spencer plaza ,Anna salai chennai.For other places forum members could be a better source.
Regards
Srinivas.

Hello,

I once visited ECHO Recording Co., Chennai to find if they have any unsold stock of Tamil film Hits as the CDs of the same under M/s Oriental Records sounded horrible. They said that they are not left with any old stock and asked me to contact M/s Poppat Jamal & Sons, Chennai. There I could find only some LPs of unknown Tamil and Hindi Films.

Thanks,

N Murali

stock and asked me to contact M/s Poppat Jamal & Sons, Chennai. There I could find only some LPs of unknown Tamil and Hindi Films.

The Poppat Jamal in Spencers Plaza was asking for a ridiculous Rs.400 per LP that had tattered covers and completely scratched records.

Cheers

The Poppat Jamal in Spencers Plaza was asking for a ridiculous Rs.400 per LP that had tattered covers and completely scratched records.

Cheers

Hello Venkat,

I presume they have added LPs under Antiques items list.

N Murali

Hello,

I once visited ECHO Recording Co., Chennai to find if they have any unsold stock of Tamil film Hits as the CDs of the same under M/s Oriental Records sounded horrible.

The only CDs I have seen of Oriental records have been 24bit remastered and they sounded great! Strange ...

Regards

gobble - can this 24bit CD be played on a regular player?

Others - I am in Noida/ New Delhi and interested in getting into vinyl and my interest indeed is in Hindi records.

regards

Dear Mr.Venkat

Contact Mr. Ravi in audio section at poppat jamal. He is the right man for sourcing good condition records.Through him i have sourced nearly 1000 Lps of HMV, Echo, lahari, Inreco.fix a time and have a visit to his house.
Regards
Srinivas
Coimbatore.

Back