Right AV receiver for Sony Shake 6D Speakers

Sony rejected to repair the motherboard that's why it's causing too much chaos now.

Can you please give me few links or model name of correct amplifier for them and how many amps would I need !
That's not Sony's fault as such. It's the same situation with most electronics these days. They are built to a cost and not really serviceable. Most modern TV's these days are not serviceable after 3-4 years of manufacturing.

Some of the receivers have biamp feature. Look them up. You can use that to drive your speakers with proper crossing over.

MaSh

Who will buy these speakers without the console/AVR if they themselves can't find a way to use it :mad:
I paid $800 but Sony F***ked me up
Sorry to hear :(
Whats the reason for rejecting service from sony ?.. Is this purchased oustside india?. These days most brands denies service if the product purchased outside India.
Otherwise They should be able to service the product...Sony Shake 6D Speakers are not that aged.

You can check any local technicians whether issue can be solved. Sometimes it works ...

You may check with this guy for repair work. I have seen these kind of systems lying there for repairing. I got my previous projector repaired here.
ELESER - www.eleser.in
Address: U 80 / 21, DLF Phase 3, Sector 21, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Phone: 093132 35774

Sorry to hear :(
Whats the reason for rejecting service from sony ?.. Is this purchased oustside india?. These days most brands denies service if the product purchased outside India.
Otherwise They should be able to service the product...Sony Shake 6D Speakers are not that aged.

You can check any local technicians whether issue can be solved. Sometimes it works ...

No I bought in India only online, Sony said they don't have replacement motherboard for it and they tried to arrange motherboard from all over India but they failed to do so.

I think they are not even trying to repair motherboard. I read that this error can be fixed if we just replace all 4 ICs on the motherboard and people even posted lot of videos from Brazil and Spain showing the repair process.

You may check with this guy for repair work. I have seen these kind of systems lying there for repairing. I got my previous projector repaired here.
ELESER - www.eleser.in
Address: U 80 / 21, DLF Phase 3, Sector 21, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Phone: 093132 35774

Thanks a lot for the info, they might be able to fix them. I will give it a shot.

I got the unit back from service center just now and they gave me in almost dead condition. At least when I gave it to them everything was working I was getting only 1 error on screen 'sometimes'. But I was able to use it and every feature was working.

Sony people tried to repair it and in the process they killed the whole unit. Now it is completely dead. It's is piece of garbage now. Nothing is working except the lights on front. No sound output to speakers, USB not working, Video out dead, Bluetooth dead, DVD Rom dead (Tray is not even ejecting out),FM/AM dead, Aux dead

I asked lot of question to Sony engineer he didn't know what crossover is, why there are double wires for sub-woofer, don't know real RMS, etc basically they don't know shit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways,
Please check some photos of inside of AVR and maybe then you can tell the right configuration in this music system like if amp, crossover, etc are inside AVR or not :

Photos from all angles in detail. Link : INSIDE OF AVR

* Also if you need photo of specific component, please let me know

I got the unit back from service center just now and they gave me in almost dead condition. At least when I gave it to them everything was working I was getting only 1 error on screen 'sometimes'. But I was able to use it and every feature was working.
:rolleyes:

:mad: You should sue them....

Put an end to Sony products ... You can look far more better speakers and build nice 5.1/7.1 system.
Sony is not good at Audio these days , and its not considered either "hi-fi" or "good system" in audiophile world. You just go to any Home Theater dealers and get demo of some speakers , You will even love the very basic speakers and can feel the difference.
Sony used to be good for Tvs as they do more image processing , how ever Samsung,LG already competing them these days.

Only Sony PlayStation is excellent in their product range.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back