Right now I am listening to ...

I am posting a new thread on the Spaghetti western music genre.

It is easy to relate to the music and the mood if you have seen the movie before and of course you have to be in a bit of nostalgic mood as Sachin rightly pointed out. In current times with lockdown and work from home a many of us have spare time , so for the uninitiated it is a good time to explore this genre of movies and music.

Good Idea..

Was just curious. I don't think I could stand more than 15-20 minutes of spaghetti western music before my ears start bleeding. They go very well in the movies they are for, but outside the movie they lose all context and sound all the same. I mean how many times can you really listen to Rawhide?

Get your point. These are intense sound tracks that accompanied action film sequences. It’s not easy to repeatedly listen to them without the visual context - which either a music video or memory can provide.

Was just curious. I don't think I could stand more than 15-20 minutes of spaghetti western music before my ears start bleeding. They go very well in the movies they are for, but outside the movie they lose all context and sound all the same. I mean how many times can you really listen to Rawhide?

Likewise. Am ripping CDs.

713vura10pL._SS500_.jpg

Ain't No Sunshine by Eva Cassidy (Bill Withers)

It was Pt. Kumar Gandharvaji who made Kabir Bhajans famous.
Spirituality, music, our own Indian ethos....

One doesn’t have to be a critic to share personal experience and impression. But it’s ok if you prefer not to.

Since you asked about my personal experience wrt that album, let me attempt to put it into words for what it’s worth..
imho listening to Sting - not just that specific album but many other incredible artists of the 80s and 90s with their creative style and brilliance is a totally alluring experience. To elucidate my point, research (link below) shows that guys with high testosterone levels prefer certain genres like rock, metal etc whereas those with low testosterone tend to gravitate towards jazz/classical music. Personally, I think I fall somewhere between the two extremes. Enough said! :D

Since you asked about my personal experience wrt that album, let me attempt to put it into words for what it’s worth..
imho listening to Sting - not just that specific album but many other incredible artists of the 80s and 90s with their creative style and brilliance is a totally alluring experience. To elucidate my point, research (link below) shows that guys with high testosterone levels prefer certain genres like rock, metal etc whereas those with low testosterone tend to gravitate towards jazz/classical music. Personally, I think I fall somewhere between the two extremes. Enough said! :D

Or that your testosterone levels fluctuate wildly! :p

@SachinChavan for me it is all about the singers and music that i used to listened to (a very limited set) in the 80s and early 90s which continue to resonate with me even today and brings back the nostalgia every time I listen to them.

Sting happens to be one among them. Others include Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, George Michael and many such artists and groups. Probably I have heard more of such singers and that's why my taste of music revolved around them. Now I cannot substantiate beyond this :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back