Right now I am listening to ...

Greatest Hits- BOSTON this morning. I know its not the best choice of music to start ur day but i truly love some of the tracks.

Greatest Hits- BOSTON this morning. I know its not the best choice of music to start ur day but i truly love some of the tracks.

"Start the Engines" and "Smoking"...Surely, songs like these may get you off to a running start in ur day atleast...if not in the BOSTON marathon!! :)

Particleman,

You have recommended online shopping at Rhythm House India. I found two websites that claim to be representing them:

* Rhythm House India
* Rhythm House India

They are not different URLs to the same site. They look similar but actually have slightly different content and data. I am afraid that one of these may be a trojan waiting to cheat us. Which one have you used in the past? Two of your posts seem to be referring to two different URLs.

Has anyone else been shopping online from Rhythm House?

Thanks,
Sharad

After waiting 10 weeks for my hifi to arrive from Australia I got it setup on Thursday. Life without great music just sucks. I am a happy man now. I have been playing random songs since. So much to catch up on. First CD was Mark Almond, and the song The City, one of my all time fav pieces of music. Amazing sax and a stunning recoding from 1974. Since then I have moved through Nick Drake, Gotan Project, Manu Chao, Morcheba, Groove Armada, Flaming Lips, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Pink Martini, This Mortal Coil, Stan Getz, plenty of Aus (Sunnyboys, My Friend the Chocolate Cake, Atlas Strings, Bic Runga (NZ actually)).

Right now I'm (and my neighbors) are listening to Make Some Noise the John Lennon Covers album. Some real gems on this. Avril Lavigne's Imagine a real surprise, Green Day's Working Class Hero is awesome, and Eskimo Joe's (a great Aus band) Mind Game, and Jack Johnson also doing Imagine are my pics.

What's next? Happy listening.

Well, on my CDP currently is Teri Deewani. A collection of sufi numbers from Hindi OSTs. Excellent collection!!!!! Saves the hassle of changing so many CDs to listen to fav tracks.

right i am listening to music of Aaandhi composed by the great R.D.Burman. the song "tere bina jindgi se", "tum aa gaye ho" and is mod par jate hai" are all classics.

sushil_pareek31

Particleman,

You have recommended online shopping at Rhythm House India. I found two websites that claim to be representing them:

* Rhythm House India
* Rhythm House India

They are not different URLs to the same site. They look similar but actually have slightly different content and data. I am afraid that one of these may be a trojan waiting to cheat us. Which one have you used in the past? Two of your posts seem to be referring to two different URLs.

Thanks,
Sharad

I buy a lot of CD's online from Rhythm House. Their shopping cart is a little slow and can sometimes be frustrating to navigate through, but their customer service is excellent and I get CD's delivered in no more than 3 days. They use DTDC for delivery.

Both sites (links) you have posted are valid and belong to them.

Particleman,

* Rhythm House India
* Rhythm House India

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi,

I have used both web sites and they are the same shop -- I have received my orders without any problems. I believe www.rhythmhouse.in is the right address as the other now redirects to it. Here in Mumbai their delivery is superfast; I placed an order at 4 pm and received my CDs by 5 pm the next day. Only problem is the poor programming of the web site which makes it difficult to find CDs easily. Also, they have yet to segregate CDs from SACDs and DVD-As in spite of requests. However their efficiency and customer service (they send an email informing that the delivery is on its way) is outstanding.

But I have had a bad experience with another site - CD WOW! - CD - DVD - GAMES | Best Prices & FREE Delivery Worldwide! -- I received my orders over 10 days late and the jewel cases were thoroughly damaged with multiple cracks and one CD even had a slight scratch on it. Do not think I will use them again. I hope to try CDconnection.com the best CD/DVD store on the web! next as well as CD Baby: let's find you some great new music... Hope the experience is better.

But I have had a bad experience with another site - CD WOW! - CD - DVD - GAMES | Best Prices & FREE Delivery Worldwide! -- I received my orders over 10 days late and the jewel cases were thoroughly damaged with multiple cracks and one CD even had a slight scratch on it. Do not think I will use them again. I hope to try CDconnection.com the best CD/DVD store on the web! next as well as CD Baby: let's find you some great new music... Hope the experience is better.

I have bought many CD's from cdnow, ebay, amazon, etc. IME, most of them reach with broken jewel cases, when sent through regular post. I think this is not really the fault of the shipper but more due to bad handling by the postal department. Same may be the case with delivery delay.

I have received damaged cases even in packages packed properly with foam, etc.

I have bought many CD's from cdnow, ebay, amazon, etc. IME, most of them reach with broken jewel cases, when sent through regular post. I think this is not really the fault of the shipper but more due to bad handling by the postal department. Same may be the case with delivery delay.

I have received damaged cases even in packages packed properly with foam, etc.

Yeah, I've had CDs from Amazon arrive with a scratch or two but these were a different story altogether. The packing was inadequate to say the least -- they were just slipped into a paper envelope that is sort of like the Photo Mailers you get in the US -- just a thin lining of bubble wrap on the inside. They look like they were run over by a bicycle - an entire chunk nearly broken off, multiple cracks radiating from various spots. I will be happy to buy from a site that requires me to pay for shipping if this is the cost of "savings" for "free shipping." :(

I have not bought from Amazon lately, are they still sending out stuff in large brown boxes? Any feedback from folks using cdconnection.com? Anil_Kumar, would you care to share?

Ahh. Mine have come with nicks and cracks but not as bad as you state. Also, sending CD's internationally in a simple mailer is silly and they should definitely have a paid packaged option. I guess that's the price you pay for "free shipping" :)

Listening to:
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Great Lake Swimmers - Bodies and Minds
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

...its a mellow weekend that was livened up in the middle by...

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive [25th Anniversary Edition]

Great to know, Sharad. Happy listening.

I have heard so much about the "Landmark" store in Bangalore and of the incredible Jazz selection they carry. Pity they are not online. At least I have found only their books selection online and no catalogue of CDs. Thanks for the Acoustic Sounds lead - it seems promising.

Last evening: Led Zeppelin II. In the song "Whole Lotta Love", its fantastic the way the audio simply surges all around and swoops out few feet beyond the Sweet Spot simulating sorround sound while playing pure stereo. Has anyone noticed this?? Nice effects for a 1969 recording...Everlasting classic rock anthems - Heartbreaker, Moby Dick, Ramble on... :) yeah, i'll stop ramblin now...

Greatest Radio Hits- Bruce Hornsby. Some super tracks.(Valley road,way it is, every little kiss...........)

Sharad Rhythm House is a great place for MUSIC. If u dont want the indian edition cds they will call for the imported version at no extra cost. Have been buying LPs/now cds for the last 15 years and have never had a complain. I have never bought from them online as they are very close to my workplace so i generally drop in.

hi ,
Iam playing alan parsons project in my clinic this evening.listening to eye in the sky-fab.number.

Got Dat Knock - DJ fury (Bass Competition)

I like loud bass :cool:

The collector of :
Bass Mekanik,Bass 305,Beat Dominator,Dj Magic Mike,Power supply,Bass USA,
Miami Bass,Bass Patrol,Dynamix II,MTX,Techmaster PEB,Bass Syndicate,
Bass Junkies,Bass Erotica,IBP,DJ Bille E,Power Supply,MTX, and various

Attachments

• DJFCB.jpg
    DJFCB.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 71
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back