Right now I am listening to ...

Pink Floyd - Meddle

There is something I new I hear every time I listen to it, specially on track Echoes.

R-9063908-1474658376-9393.jpeg.jpg

For fans of Westend or Broadway type musicals, Here Lies Love is a very interesting and grand opus about the lives of former Philippines dictator Ferdinand Marcos and his wife Imelda. This project started as a concept album, a collaboration between David Byrne (formerly of the new wave band Talking Heads) and DJ Fatboy Slim. It was later made into a musical that made it's debut off Broadway. This album is different at many levels. First, it's a large work and needs two CDs. Second the co-op producers have a background very far away from stage and musical. For example, Fatboy Slim is into electronica, but the album rarely sounds like the usual electronica fare. Third, it has as many as 22 guest vocalists.

I started listening to this album without reading the sleeve notes and quickly realised that the tunes and chordal complexity reminded me of an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.

Check out the title track by Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine Fame.

Started listening to "Live with Jagjit Singh" CD
7123yuiJiLL._SL1123_.jpg

It was sounding rather MP3ish. So I took out the original release on cassette called "Encore". That surely has a more emphatic and satisfying sound. The voice has bite that was missing on CD.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Started listening to "Live with Jagjit Singh" CD
7123yuiJiLL._SL1123_.jpg

It was sounding rather MP3ish. So I took out the original release on cassette called "Encore". That surely has a more emphatic and satisfying sound. The voice has bite that was missing on CD.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi
That is why I like cassettes and vinyl more.
I always find cds harsh however well mastered these are.I always get ear fatique.my dragon and technics sl 1600 and sl q3 are enough for me this life time.I wonder how people enjoy cds.Now a days I think,There is some fault in me.

Just received this a few days ago - In fond memory of Dolores

The Cranberries - No Need To Argue

cranberies-no_need_to_argue-jpg.27238

It Plays and sounds as good as it looks :)

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
This is one fine remaster on 180g collector's edition limited edition vinyl.

R-2363430-1336934995-4202.jpeg.jpg

Dire Straits tonight --

Dire Straits - Making Movies.

I cant praise this album enough...Pardon my pun but the track Romeo and Juliet is to die for.

R-382415-1443362025-1957.jpeg.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back