ripping music from cds

It won't fetch tags from Internet automatically. To do that I need to get involved; manual work again. Try using it with files that have no tags at all (such as the ones we rip fresh from CDs). I must type the search text myself. There you go.
Besides, it hardly ever finds tags for Hindi oldies

It does actually, based on album name and 80-85% finds the correct info. Better than manually doing it, and I have been using MP3 take for only couple of months ...:)

Here I made a video as to how to do it and that it does find tag info from internet automatically...... as an example I am using a MP3 file with no tags at all. Plus I took an old old hindi album as an example so that "hardly ever finds tags for hindi oldies" is cleared as well.

https://youtu.be/jl6D-CDj79I

Another example with a more recent movie ..

https://youtu.be/4-X_RQxm3SI

There are at times when it does not find the tag like in case of multiple albums with the same name or rare albums, in that case you can try searching with title, artist or combination of both. yes there would be occasions where none would work, in that case, yes you have to do it manually

dBpoweramp metadata has three fields of data for each track - title, artist and composer. Is it possible to add a fourth field to each track?
I want to add the name of the film as a separate field in a Hindi movie songs compilation CD rip.

dBpoweramp metadata has three fields of data for each track - title, artist and composer. Is it possible to add a fourth field to each track?

I want to add the name of the film as a separate field in a Hindi movie songs compilation CD rip.

You can tag additional fields with mp3tag

There are lot many more fields you can add in dbpoweramp apart form those basic 3 fields, what made you think there are only three fields. There are about 30+ or so fields, predefined you can use plus you can add one as well. Check out the screen shot I shared ...

LMLcaFW.jpg

L8hjbNx.jpg

There are lot many more fields you can add in dbpoweramp apart form those basic 3 fields, what made you think there are only three fields. There are about 30+ or so fields, predefined you can use plus you can add one as well.

Got that Sam. Thanks.

Now can I use the movie name to pull all songs from a particular movie from a set of compilation rips?

Also, using foobar2k, when I add a column of movie name in the compilation, it takes the name from the first song and adds to all the songs. The properties of each song shows the actual movie name but they don't show in the movie column.

Also, using foobar2k, when I add a column of movie name in the compilation, it takes the name from the first song and adds to all the songs. The properties of each song shows the actual movie name but they don't show in the movie column.

I am not sure I am following you. Can you be a bit more specific what you are trying to achieve here ..?

Sam, what I am trying to achieve is to be able to play songs from a particular film pulled form a set of compilation rips (multiple CDs).

This is how a compilation rip is looking like in foobar2k (actual rip done today). The inset is showing the properties of track no 3. The film name, Umrao Jaan, is there in the properties.

28mil5h.jpg

I'm afraid the film names in the list have disappeared. This morning I was seeing "Yaadon Ki Baaraat" for all songs. YKB is the film for the first track.

Hi

The way to "add" the new column you created in DBPower amp in foobar is via custom column. I will take the same example of the song I took in the previous post, that is "Pee Loo". Also the reason you might have had the name of the movie on all songs is because you must have selected all songs and did the editing, obviously thats gonna edit all songs with the info you provided to the first song.

The way I am describing below, you will have to add the new column in each song with the movie name, you obviously cannot expect to do mass editing since all the songs the movie name will differ. So you have to do each song individually.

Follow the screen shots to add the new column Movie in foobar playlist . This is assuming that you already have added a new column called "Movie" using DBPower amp. The same way I did for demo.

Please check your PM as well plzz .. :)

eK22BsB.jpg

Tk6eaFL.jpg

IipPeaD.jpg

NuOylzK.jpg

Idi5YLd.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

If anybody is using dBpoweramp, could you please throw light on the best settings for an uncompressed format?

I felt uncompressed wave with encoder's parameters set same as source is the best o/p. Also, the Flac encoder's settings are bit confusing with recommend level, best/highest and uncompressed. Hence, stuck to wave.

On ripping the CD, notice that the bit rate is slightly less than the CDA(1440 kbps).

a) Is this expected as the ripped format is wave ?
b) FLAC would be better? The best setting if using it ?

Thanks!

Wave is uncompressed so the best. It's a bit perfect copy of what's in the CD.

Don't use flac. The only advantage of flac is it takes up less storage space, but that's not important any more with hard disks becoming so cheap now (compared to few years ago).

1440 kbps is the correct bit rate for 16 bit wav with 44.1 kHz sampling.

Hi,

If anybody is using dBpoweramp, could you please throw light on the best settings for an uncompressed format?

I felt uncompressed wave with encoder's parameters set same as source is the best o/p. Also, the Flac encoder's settings are bit confusing with recommend level, best/highest and uncompressed. Hence, stuck to wave.

On ripping the CD, notice that the bit rate is slightly less than the CDA(1440 kbps).

a) Is this expected as the ripped format is wave ?
b) FLAC would be better? The best setting if using it ?

Thanks!
Have you tried EAC (exact audio copy).??
I mainly use it for cd ripping. When I rip it to uncompressed wav, I get a bit rate of 1400 kbps (compared to 1440 kbps CDA), but when ripped to flac, bit rate falls to around 980-990 kbps. Have tried all possible methods to achieve bit rate similar to that of wav but no luck.

Have you tried EAC (exact audio copy).??
I mainly use it for cd ripping. When I rip it to uncompressed wav, I get a bit rate of 1400 kbps (compared to 1440 kbps CDA), but when ripped to flac, bit rate falls to around 980-990 kbps. Have tried all possible methods to achieve bit rate similar to that of wav but no luck.

No, I haven't. Correct, same with the dBpoweramp too.

Correction: bit rate of wav file is 1411.2 kbps, not 1440 kbps as I wrongly mentioned.

Right, this is the bit rate of the WAV, which is slightly less than the CDA's. Though the difference is very very minimal and might not be discernible, just wanted to check if there's any that can achieve the exact bit rate of the CD file.

Wave is uncompressed so the best. It's a bit perfect copy of what's in the CD.

Don't use flac. The only advantage of flac is it takes up less storage space, but that's not important any more with hard disks becoming so cheap now (compared to few years ago).

Thank you! Yeah, eliminating the FLAC option, totally :)

Right, this is the bit rate of the WAV, which is slightly less than the CDA's. Though the difference is very very minimal and might not be discernible, just wanted to check if there's any that can achieve the exact bit rate of the CD file.

44.1 kHz x 16 bit x 2 channels = 1411.2 kbps

CDA bit rate may be higher because it has a number of metadata info besides the actual audio data.

We are discussing mainly the software part.
I would suggest EAC if you are willing to fully configure all its options for bit perfect copy.
dBpoweramp is equally good and is more plug and play.
With storage getting so cheap, I would suggest uncompressed wav which is the truly exact copy as there is absolutely no format change

Coming to hardware part, would an internal drive be better for ripping than an external USB drive which has become more common.

Is internal rip more real time than a USB one?

Any comparisons made by any FM with internal/external drives.

Does the word jitter fit in here?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back