ripping music from cds

Not sure about jitter
But a SATA connection would be much more better wrt to dropouts and talking with OS

Even with internal drives I would prefer the cd only reading drives which could read and write at 4x speeds

But very difficult to get those now

Why you ask me, I feel there is lot less error while reading or writing to an audio cd

@Kannan : The one big advantage of dBPoweramp over EAC is dBP can write metadata for wav files.

Metadata is really useful (at least for me) as one can enter things like artist name, album name, date of release, composers name, whether the CD is a compilation (like Greatest Hits) or an album, and also enter additional info like the names of musicians, venue of recording, etc. All these info will show up on most players like foobar, JRiver, Roon. The metadata can also be used to perform searches within these players. Sometimes if we are lucky these additional info will be available online for us to copy-paste. If it's not available online, the drill is to manually type it ourself. I'm one-third through ripping about a hundred CDs and my new-found enthusiasm for meticulously entering these bits of extra info (mainly additional info like names of musicians, venue and date of recording) makes progress very slow.

There are those who claim that EAC rips give superior audio quality. I haven't A/B-ed rips of the same track so can't comment but I know of people who swear by EAC.

I believe EAC and dBP refer to the same online databases for picking up tags, and both are Accuraterip, but somehow EAC is much slower in my experience.

@jls001 I too mostly use dB only, but EAC is fun to work with.
I too have read many claiming EAC to be a tad superior, but yet to do a comparison.

@jls001 I too mostly use dB only, but EAC is fun to work with.
I too have read many claiming EAC to be a tad superior, but yet to do a comparison.

I would love to know the results :)

But on a serious note I feel there would be far too many variables in other then software to give accurate results

What we should aim for is both softwares to shoa zero errors while reading

And yes as joshua said metadata information is very useful to search and also to have some info on what is being heard

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back