RMS Output and sound quality

joshiaa

I heard 5.1 Sony Htib in Sony shop. The dealer says the 850 watt(RMS) has better sound quality than 500 watt(RMS) other things in two different models being the same . i.e overall audio quality and bass effect is better in 850 W due to more output of subwoofer unit and other speakers. He demonstrated it . The sound level was kept at 20 in both the models and it sounded different and much better.( I am not a expert)
Was the dealer correct ? Does wattage output and sound quality directly proportional ? Please guide

Last edited:
I heard 5.1 Sony Htib in Sony shop. The dealer says the 850 watt(RMS) has better sound quality than 500 watt(RMS) other things in two different models being the same . i.e overall audio quality and bass effect is better in 850 W due to more output of subwoofer unit and other speakers. He demonstrated it . The sound level was kept at 20 in both the models and it sounded different and much better.( I am not a expert)
Was the dealer correct ? Does wattage output and sound quality directly proportional ? Please guide

NO NOT AT ALL
anyway for same company models it may be PARTIALLY true

also DO NOT trust Sony ratings - their 1000 W RMS ( yes not PMPO) system sound far inferior than some 100 W RMS systems -their ratings are far inflated with 10% THD and on 1 frequency only!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back