Roku Ultra vs Nvidia Shield Pro vs Apple TV 4k - Which one to choose?

Does the smaller Nvidia Shield (non pro) pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA to the receiver like it's bigger brother? I don't have the space for the pro.
Yes, the non pro (tube) model does pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA. I have used it myself for a few months.

Even the pro version is very small if space is the issue. If you have not seen it, it is smaller than it appears in pictures. Please see some youtube videos.

Yes, the non pro (tube) model does pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA. I have used it myself for a few months.

Even the pro version is very small if space is the issue. If you have not seen it, it is smaller than it appears in pictures. Please see some youtube videos.
The Nvidia pro version is also quite small. It's smaller than a Jio router.
Thanks. I was contemplating getting the new Fire Cube with pass through or wait for someone to carry a Shield from US.

I recently got a roku express 4k+ just as a back up streamer - mainly amazon prime - after I sold my nvidia shield pro. I am very impressed with the hdr picture quality of this little streamer. To my eyes it feels better than the nvidia shield pro - its punchier and more detail in darker scenes. I felt the nvidia PQ to be slightly subdued and darker. I am tempted to try out the higher end roku units now.
Cheers,
Sid

I recently got a roku express 4k+ just as a back up streamer - mainly amazon prime - after I sold my nvidia shield pro. I am very impressed with the hdr picture quality of this little streamer. To my eyes it feels better than the nvidia shield pro - its punchier and more detail in darker scenes. I felt the nvidia PQ to be slightly subdued and darker. I am tempted to try out the higher end roku units now.
Cheers,
Sid
Hi Sid,

Between Zidoo and Roku, which do you find better in terms of visuals, sound, streaming and playback from usb.
I find my Nvidia pro 2019 version a bit buggy after software upgrades which sonetimes hangs on starting or pausing the scene for a long time. Thanks.

Rgs,
Nitin

Hi Sid,

Between Zidoo and Roku, which do you find better in terms of visuals, sound, streaming and playback from usb.
I find my Nvidia pro 2019 version a bit buggy after software upgrades which sonetimes hangs on starting or pausing the scene for a long time. Thanks.

Rgs,
Nitin
The express 4k+ does not have usb input to attach an external storage. It is a pure streamer. So I cannot compare directly to the zidoo. I will try some plex streaming to it vs the same file with external usb storage on zidoo and see how it looks.

Cheers,
Sid

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back