Roku Ultra vs Nvidia Shield Pro vs Apple TV 4k - Which one to choose?

Looking for inputs that can help me select a decent streaming player.

Choice is between Roku Ultra vs Nvidia Shield Pro vs Apple TV 4k.

My current set-up includes:

- 75 inch 4k TV
- Denon AVR with 5.1.2
- Firestick 4k

Major usage: 50%OTT 40% HD/4k movie playback through Kodi, 10% misc

Looking for a reliable streaming device that can:
- play 4k content, Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR 10+
- Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos), DTS passthru, and other to fully leverage current 5.1.2
- Streaming content 4k for Netflix, Prime, Zee, Disney Hotstar.. and others

Apple 4k & Nvidia Shield pro are somewhat at same price point, while Roku Ultra is at almost half of the price.

Please suggest which one should I pick-up ?
choose apple tv only if you are in apple eco system or else you could choose Nvidia shield as it offers high quality full hd to 4k up-conversion.

I use venom ad on which I find it to be simple and smooth. Yes it does take some effort and time to set it up but once done nothing beats it. You can watch any movie or tv show at an instance. I will suggest you also add venom cause some instances one adon may not work or have the links to a particular movie or tv shows. Other ad ons I liked are exodus and fen.
Hey, Can i know how to get eng subs in venom?

Great. I use kodi and debrid to watch only English movies and tv shows which by default will have subtitles which can be enabled or disabled in the player
Hi all ,Amazon prime video on Roku works with Indian prime video a count.no hiccups.
It comes with pre-installed

I saw below on the asr forum today, can any Nvidia owner confirm if it is true?
I have the 2017 version. Today I received the Android 11 update. In the device controls under Advanced Sound options now the Shield allows to pass all the audio untouched over HDMI. Checked on my Onkyo TX-8270 receiver and it's effectively passing all audio on its native frequency: I have sideloaded Apple Music, Amazon Music, Qobuz, Roon, Idagio and USB Audio Player Pro and it changes to the original: 16/44.1, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176.4, 24/192
I think this puts the Nvidia Shield as a serious and versatile streamer option

- 75 inch 4k TV
- Denon AVR with 5.1.2
- Firestick 4k

- Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos), DTS passthru, and other to fully leverage current 5.1.2

Apple 4k & Nvidia Shield pro are somewhat at same price point, while Roku Ultra is at almost half of the price.

if u are playing 40 % in kodi it would be better to use nvidia shield as its the only thing that supports dolby atmos via plex

@ankitbhargava @Amarendra @Love4sound

Hi

firestick 4K user here.

watching OTT tv series available in Netflix, prime and Hotstar Only

Really missing some series like “Firefly” and ”The office Uk version” and many more

Reading through the thread, able to make out that it’s possible to watch unavailable content

but kodi, venom, real debrid, all debrid are greek and Latin to me

possible to post a step by step noobs guide to enable these in fire tv stick?
et GIF

really appreciate

thanks

Hi

firestick 4K user here.

Really missing some series like “Firefly” and ”The office Uk version” and many more

Reading through the thread, able to make out that it’s possible to watch unavailable content

et GIF

really appreciate

thanks
Just do youtube search on real-debrid and you will find all answers. First install venom (search YT). Next is real debrid (go to website with google search). Then connect real debrid with venom (YT). Note that I do not recommend any of these websites/ services and if you are a novice or trying for first time please do so considering all risks.

Hi

firestick 4K user here.

et GIF

really appreciate

thanks
Please follow the steps in the link below and let me know if any help required

have stopped using Kodi and plethora of addons after using Streamio/Wako with RD, both support external players/casting/integrates with trakt which makes the experience so seamless.

- 75 inch 4k TV
- Denon AVR with 5.1.2
- Firestick 4k

For my use case, I use Apple TV 4K for only streaming and PC for local content playback like movies, family videos.

Go for Nvidia Shield Pro. It's a beast and loaded with many features like upscaling capability. It's a top choice among media streamer.

I'm a new nvidia shield user...plz enlighten me with the benefits of venom & debrid....what exactly is it? And y should one use it
Welcome to Nvidia Shield club!!

Assume that you are having a Netflix kind of app. on your own browsing all movies and TV series in whatever kind of size and format you want to watch.

Ex. You don't have to download Blu-ray or any movies torrents and waste the space of HHD, instead you can stream 95% of the movies and tv series in world you can browse and watch at high quality video and audio.

happy to help further, btw you need to subscribe a utility or app called Real Debrid

have stopped using Kodi and plethora of addons after using Streamio/Wako with RD, both support external players/casting/integrates with trakt which makes the experience so seamless.
I tried Streamio earlier but not worked for me... , let me give a try again!

Does the smaller Nvidia Shield (non pro) pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA to the receiver like it's bigger brother? I don't have the space for the pro.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back