room correction and setup services in Bangalore

abhijitnath

Hi, been almost 3 years since I posted here last! I'm looking to do room correction (with audyssey) and setup speakers in an odd shaped living room that I've just moved into. On top of this, the speakers are dipole (spatial M3s) so setup is slightly different than the usual methods. Is there someone reputable who offers this as a service in Bangalore? I remember arn used to deal in emerald physics which is the precursor to these speakers.

The room is setup for surround, even though the primary use is music.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Hello abhijitnath,

From your post it looks like your primary optimisation is for music. Audyssey is generally used for home theatre and its generally tied to the amplification electronics. If you are looking at simple to use middleware (ie a hardware solution which slips between the source and power amplification then Dirac is a great option Dirac also has multichannel capabilities. Dirac also has software only solutions, which is useful if you listen to only digital music stored on an network / HDD.

It would be useful if you write a bit more about about the rest of your hardware. it might help others help you

Hi, been almost 3 years since I posted here last! I'm looking to do room correction (with audyssey) and setup speakers in an odd shaped living room that I've just moved into. On top of this, the speakers are dipole (spatial M3s) so setup is slightly different than the usual methods. Is there someone reputable who offers this as a service in Bangalore? I remember arn used to deal in emerald physics which is the precursor to these speakers.

The room is setup for surround, even though the primary use is music.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
There are people who do this service but tend to be expensive or they are dealers of equipments. The third option is to read up and figure it out over a period of time. While managing the acoustics of the music you are hearing, there would be many factors, the room, the materials within the room, listening space etc. DSP software tools like Dirac, Audyssey, and even hardware tools have a play but positioning of speakers, absorption and diffusors have also an important role to play.

Thanks @sud- I have been figuring it out over a period of time, feels like I'm hitting a wall now so need help.

@kapvin- I actually disagree that room correction is not useful for music- non flat in room response is as bad for music as it is for HT. I have a Denon X4400H which has Audyssey (running into Hypex amplifiers), have run that and its good but I dont know if I have optimised the room entirely (dipole makes calculations more complex, see here https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/Description.htm)

@Chaoseater thanks a ton! I will PM you.

Have you tried measuring your room using rew and a umik mic? That should tell you what's going on in your room.

MaSh

Thanks @sud- I have been figuring it out over a period of time, feels like I'm hitting a wall now so need help.

@kapvin- I actually disagree that room correction is not useful for music- non flat in room response is as bad for music as it is for HT. I have a Denon X4400H which has Audyssey (running into Hypex amplifiers), have run that and its good but I dont know if I have optimised the room entirely (dipole makes calculations more complex, see here https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/Description.htm)

@Chaoseater thanks a ton! I will PM you.
I think you misunderstood. I never said that room correction is not useful for music. I just feel that of all the choices out there, if music is predominantly defining for listening, then there are better choices than audessey. Dirac comes to mind, and also using freeware REW with either a convolved or an inline parametric equaliser in your computer music player. I have experience of all 3. I now use Dirac for HT and REW led Parametrics for music. Again, depends on your hardware and software, what "musical" is to you. Many are happy with audessey too, I guess.

If you have a high end denon there is an audessy tool which you can purchase for iOS / android which unlocks a whole lot of parameters.

Links

Webpage

Audioholics writeup

:)

@kapvin ah, apologies I misunderstood. I have the Audyssey app- its quite good for tweaking the target curve. These are the results from mine- I still have to tweak the curve a bit.

I would use REW/Dirac in a heartbeat if I was doing server-based music and streaming. Unfortunately, the bulk of my music is on CD/vinyl and multichannel (SACD/DVD-A etc) that I dont want to rip. The hardware based Dirac solutions are either from companies I don't like (Emotiva) or still buggy (Monoprice/JBL). So I'm stuck with Audyssey for the time being.

Glad to see a fellow room EQ fan:)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 3.44.14 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 3.44.14 AM.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 18
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back