Room Correction device for all sources?

Mayank Shah

Hello all,

Newbie here. My setup is 2ch stereo and has a CDP, TT, Streamer, and PC as sources.

All the source gear, preamp, and power amp are XLR.

I am looking for a balanced device that does room correction like Dirac or ARC and can sit somewhere in the chain which would give a corrected output regardless of source. Assuming it to be in between pre and power and if at all possible in the first place.

Many suggestions for a device like minidsp, but I am lost as they have an abundance of gadgets.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Edit: Typos

Last edited:
If you are looking at minidsp, then the product should be DDRC -22D
Not looking for minidsp exclusively, but they do have a lot of options. The DDRC-22D is all digital and unfortunately the analog DDRC-22A is no longer on sale.

Hello all,

Newbie here. My setup is 2ch stereo and has a CDP, TT, Streamer, and PC as sources.

I am looking for a balanced device that does room correction like Dirac or ARC and can sit somewhere in the chain which would give a corrected output regardless of source. Assuming it to be in between pre and power and if at all possible in the first place.

Many suggestions for a device like minidsp, but I am lost as they have an abundance of gadgets.

You might take a look at DBX Driverack 260/360.

Couldnt understand your chain. Is there a DAC in the chain? where is the conversion happening?
All sources (CDP, DAC, Streamer, and TT) >>>> Preamp >>>> Correction Device >>>> Poweramp.
DDRC-22A has a pair of XLR inputs, which will be from the preamp and a pair of XLR output which goes to the power amp. Thats not being sold anymore. Probably will have to look into all dealers for NOS or pre-owned.

Hello all,

You still have your Paradigm link , No?
Won't that do the trick?

Yes I do, but what happens if I change the source to let's say the CDP or TT? I am thinking that as long as I play from the PWL, ARC is applied correct?
That's correct
You can connect 1 optical and 1 RCA In on the Link directly and both inputs will have ARC applied to them on the o/p side.
If you need to connect more, you can add an optical switcher prior to the PW Link Input.. Am sure there should be RCA switchers available as well ( not sure how much a RCA switch will degrade the signal though)

That's correct
You can connect 1 optical and 1 RCA In on the Link directly and both inputs will have ARC applied to them on the o/p side.
If you need to connect more, you can add an optical switcher prior to the PW Link Input.. Am sure there should be RCA switchers available as well ( not sure how much a RCA switch will degrade the signal though)
I get what you mean, but (1) PWL being used elsewhere (2) Aiming for an all balanced setup (3) Need one device between the pre and power.
The analog version minidsp DDRC-22A is not being sold anymore since a year. That device seems to be something very ideal for my situation.

PWL is now happily set up in the bedroom with Nuprime STA9 power amp / Dynaudio M20. I have taken the line out from the TV into the PWL. Simple to use, the family loves it. Once back home, I will be fine-tuning the bedroom and run ARC. Not really required though. But before I jump and get any device for the main setup, I will surely hook up the PWL and run ARC and listen to it for a few days to see if I get used to the flatness.

I get what you mean, but (1) PWL being used elsewhere (2) Aiming for an all balanced setup (3) Need one device between the pre and power.
The analog version minidsp DDRC-22A is not being sold anymore since a year. That device seems to be something very ideal for my situation.

PWL is now happily set up in the bedroom with Nuprime STA9 power amp / Dynaudio M20. I have taken the line out from the TV into the PWL. Simple to use, the family loves it. Once back home, I will be fine-tuning the bedroom and run ARC. Not really required though. But before I jump and get any device for the main setup, I will surely hook up the PWL and run ARC and listen to it for a few days to see if I get used to the flatness.
When you are at it, use the Mac or windows version of the Anthem software.
It allows you to adjust the target curve - in my case, I much preferred the corrected ARC output for everything else but felt that the low end was a bit too flat .
Once I bumped that up on the target curve , all was well and very evidently better than no ARC

On a side note, I am using a PW Amp for my study coupled with an ancient KEF iQ5 tower and a cheap Elac sub
To my untrained ears, the corrected bass from the Elac sounds far better than subs that cost 5X
And the soundstage even from this fairly cheap setup is seriously good - with rock center vocals and a wide soundstage
(the Amp ARC corrects sub as well although that's unfortunately missing in the Link)

A real fancy looking device with a lot of terminologies I don't comprehend :p. 110 volts is a bummer. Buying the proprietary mic is a double bummer. :(. More appropriate for live gigs I guess.

Yes it's fancy. Moreover it does the job. 110v? Where are you checking? All room correction devices need a mic. This fancy device is very much appreciated worldwide and far less complex than minidsp. It was built as a pro audio gear. But no-one is stopping anyone to add this to home audio rig.

Yes it's fancy. Moreover it does the job. 110v? Where are you checking? All room correction devices need a mic. This fancy device is very much appreciated worldwide and far less complex than minidsp. It was built as a pro audio gear. But no-one is stopping anyone to add this to home audio rig.
Hi. Didn't mean to disregard your suggestion. It sure has all the bells and whistles. I am just a very slow at picking up these things that's all. Will surely look into it more seriously.

About 110v, my bad, I was looking at the US version and later realised that there is a 220v EU version as well. The RTA-M Mic is an additional purchase.

I recently bought a Minidsp SHD. Best audio purchase I made in the recent years. I use it as Streamer, dac, dsp and preamp and gives a balanced out to my active speakers. It has certain shortcomings, but the overall experience it gives me makes me forget it all. You can connect one analogue source, and digital devices. A cheap, value for money solution giving excellent results.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back