ROON and RAAT

Suddenly I see a star like thing on the roon remote app from Android mobile

And now it shows whole path of music with what DSP is on and what upsampling is happening
Still can't change settings of DSP but atleast we know what's happening

The "Signal Path" icon has always been there.
It gives the exact signal path that the signal passes through.

The best quality has always been thought to be "losslesss" with the purple star.

The "Signal Path" icon has always been there.
It gives the exact signal path that the signal passes through.

The best quality has always been thought to be "losslesss" with the purple star.

Hi Nikhil
Thanks for pointing it out to me
Not sure how I missed it all this time

And also it has colour coding based on quality , that's interesting

This is the first time I am listening to SACD stuff converted to dsf using Trax SACD extractor. I am getting a few greens in the Roon Signal path for these songs. While the green light for Mac OS as output is fine. The other two greens (DSD to PCM and Sample Rate conversion) I don't know how to convert to purple. Any help will be appreciated.

Signal Path.jpg

You can identify a high quality signal path by looking for the green light.

OS Mixer Output
While the Mac software mixer does not do anything too gross, it might be performing software-based volume adjustments or sample rate conversion before playing the audio. As such, we can't guarantee that the output quality is lossless, so we label it as "High Quality".

Straight from the Roon website ...

Never used Mac so not sure how things work with apple's OS but is there no way to bypass system mixer on Apple os?

Roon now supports Google Chromecast and Google home devices

Any Chromecast and Google home device will be detected as roon end point

That can help roon serve you everytime you in mood for music

I played some SACD iso converted to dsf this time through Oppo UDP-205. I am still getting green in the signal path. Anyway to rectify this?Oppo Roon Signal Path.jpg

Hi
Since you are converting DSD to PCM it's showing you green

Is there a way to play without conversi uon?

Do you use the oppo from it's digital outs or it's analogue outs ?

If yes then I think the UDP-205 as a dac is capable to play native DSD signal

So all you have to do it tell room to play dad files as it is and not convert it to PCM

Hope this helps

Think of Roon Lossless as a "pristine" signal.
So anytime you have a reduction to a lower resolution Roon does not consider it lossless
In your case Roon is still considering it as "High Quality" (green)

As Rikhav has said, send your Oppo a native DSD signal.
The UDP 205 supports upto DSD 512 so no worries there.
You can do this by turning off Sample Conversion in Roon DSP.

Regards.

Think of Roon Lossless as a "pristine" signal.
So anytime you have a reduction to a lower resolution Roon does not consider it lossless
In your case Roon is still considering it as "High Quality" (green)

As Rikhav has said, send your Oppo a native DSD signal.
The UDP 205 supports upto DSD 512 so no worries there.
You can do this by turning off Sample Conversion in Roon DSP.

Regards.

Do changes in dsp in sampling rate conversiom or disable "convert dsd to PCM" in main settings
Ideally roon should not enable it as it would know ud205 can play dsd
But still check

Sorry for typos in my last post
Room = roon
Dad = dsd

Do you use the oppo from it's digital outs or it's analogue outs ?

If yes then I think the UDP-205 as a dac is capable to play native DSD signal

So all you have to do it tell room to play dad files as it is and not convert it to PCM

Hope this helps

Analog. I'll look into this. Thank you and Nikhil for the help.

See this article from the Roon Knowledge base for more info on DSD setup
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Audio_Setup_Basics

You have four options - I am suggesting you go with Native

873564e1-31e0-4287-972d-1ea02a7fb742.png

See this article from the Roon Knowledge base for more info on DSD setup
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Audio_Setup_Basics

You have four options - I am suggesting you go with Native

873564e1-31e0-4287-972d-1ea02a7fb742.png

Just to explain my connection a little. The NAS stores the files and the Roon Core. It is connected to Oppo UDP-205 through network (Ethernet CAT 6) and the Roon interface is there on my MacBook Pro as well as iPhone. Now in Settings => Audio => Oppo UDP-205 => Device Setup I do not get any of these options: Private Zone, Exclusive Mode and DSD Strategy; so no clue how to improve signal path . Enclosing Images:

Roon-Oppo 1.jpg
Roon-Oppo 2.jpg

Just to explain my connection a little. The NAS stores the files and the Roon Core. It is connected to Oppo UDP-205 through network (Ethernet CAT 6) and the Roon interface is there on my MacBook Pro as well as iPhone.

Looks like the OPPO does not support DSD over network connections.
This is what I could gather from a little research I just did with Google on the Roon forum.

It does support DSD over USB input.

Looks like the OPPO does not support DSD over network connections.
This is what I could gather from a little research I just did with Google on the Roon forum.

It does support DSD over USB input.

Oh damn! That'll mean I'll have to re-orient my music set up. I do have a 2015 MacBook Pro lying around, maybe press that to service, though I think beyond 128, I'll have to use its windows side of things. From your earlier conversations on this forum I gather you have a computer set up for music. What would be a good USB cable to use if I connect MacBook to Oppo's USB DAC input?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back