ROTM winner of Nov' 2014 : Various DIY Interconnects by jls001

Joshua,

Congrats on winning the ROTM. Very well done article. It would be great if you can mention sources based in India from where we can buy these raw cables particularly Gotham GAC 2.

Cheers.

Sources:

1) Gotham GAC-2, Helukabel, Belden 1855A - Promedia, Mumbai. They also stock Neutrik and REAN RCAs, XLRs and ProFi connectors. They also make customised cables like multicable snakes for pro applications, or a simple 3.5 mm to EP/TRS jack for connecting a portable player to a mixing console. They also make beautiful RCA-RCA cables or XLR-XLRs. Their workmanship is very good.

2) Reference Audio RMIC05 and Mogami 2806 - Pace Communications, Mumbai. I am told that they plan to re-start stocking Mogami cables soon (Jan-ish).

The above two are pro audio dealers and usually do not deal with retail buyers. Hence one may find their response to retail enquiries a bit wanting.

3) Mogami W2549, 3103 and 2497 are available from Redco, USA. Redco is also known for their custom cables.

4) Kiran Sales, Mumbai stocks Amphenol, REAN, Neutrik, ProFi connectors. They also stock heat shrinks and Techflex sleeves. Kiran Sales usually ships to outstation buyers so ordering from them is convenient.

Hi,
I really enjoyed your review.
Can you add Van Damme XKE to your list. They are relatively cheap and used in recording studios around the world including Abbey Road and the BBC.
Lee

Pretty amazing considering the Audio Art IC3 receiving such a trashy review despite being such a highly recommend cable worlwide. It becomes more interesting considering AudioArt IC3 being 3 Time Industry Award Winner, including Stereophile Recommended Component 2014-2016/2014-2017. I wonder what went wrong here. The cable has received seriously favourable and recommend reviews from 6moons Stereotimes etc etc. Could you shed some light how did these stalwarts falter so bad reviewing this cable?

Hey Joshua, Great review. Many thanks.

If anyone has an audiomagic IC cable ( model : sorcerer), in your area, do check it out.

Could you shed some light how did these stalwarts falter so bad reviewing this cable?

Honestly, no idea.

I also bought that IC3 based on the numerous positive reviews I had read. Needless to say I was seriously underwhelmed.

Hey Joshua, Great review. Many thanks.

If anyone has an audiomagic IC cable ( model : sorcerer), in your area, do check it out.

Thanks for the pointer :thumbsup:

Current flavour in interconnect cable is something made out of a Duelund speaker wire. If you both have time, do try to go listen it at arj's. More info on Mega IC Shootout thread.

Honestly, no idea.

I also bought that IC3 based on the numerous positive reviews I had read. Needless to say I was seriously underwhelmed.

What system or equipment we're you using while reviewing the AudioArt IC3?

What system or equipment we're you using while reviewing the AudioArt IC3?

The same system as used for all other cables (at the time of writing). If there were changes (I think there was one), I had specifically mentioned that in the write-up.

The same system as used for all other cables (at the time of writing). If there were changes (I think there was one), I had specifically mentioned that in the write-up.

Sorry I couldn't find any information about the system used to test the cables apart from the mention that they were used between an unknown CD player and Pre. It would have been very informative if the whole system including the speaker cables and power cords used could be shared. I couldn't find any information about the cable burn in allowed or period allotted for each cable either.

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't find any information about the system used to test the cables apart from the mention that they were used between an unknown CD player and Pre.

Source was an Audio Aero Capitole Reference CD player. Analog out from CDP goes to a DCB1 buffer. Power amp was an 80W class A Jungson. Speakers are GR Research X/LS Encore bookshelves. IIRC, speaker cables were Einstein Audio Greenline Largo (or could have been Mogami 3103, I'm confused now:)). Power cables were a mix of Wireworld Stratus 5^, an Audioart power cable, a couple of DIYed ones made from shielded, 12 gauge, 3-core 6N copper.

Hope the above info helps.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back