Royal Stag - MTV Unplugged

sam9s

Hi Friends,

Recently I came across season 3 on Royal Stag - MTV Unplugged on yourtube, looks like a spin off of Coke Studio, never the less few of the renditions sounded amazing. The staging was as good as any of the pakistani coke studio, where coke studio was targeted more towards sufi music MTV Unplugged gives new renditions to some of the best recent hollywood tunes and the result, if you ask me is worth a listen on a quality system.

Sharing few shows that I really enjoyed. My fav though is the first one I share ...

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 - "Abhi Mujh Main Kahin"

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 - "Abhi Mujh Main Kahin" - YouTube

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 - ''Kal Ho Na Ho''

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 - ''Kal Ho Na Ho'' - YouTube

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 -''Tanhayee''

Sonu Nigam - MTV Unplugged Season 3 -''Tanhayee'' - YouTube

A.R. Rahman - MTV Unplugged Season 2 - Ye Jo Des

The staging of A R Rehman is just impeccable ..

A.R. Rahman - MTV Unplugged Season 2 - Ye Jo Des - YouTube

MTV Unplugged: Episode 2 - Mohit Chauhan - Guncha Koi [HD]

MTV Unplugged: Episode 2 - Mohit Chauhan - Guncha Koi [HD] - YouTube

There are loads more .... explore and share and do comment .....

Last edited:
Personally, Coke studio and MTV unplugged in india could have been a lot more. The US unpluggeds had this minimal approach which let you appreciate the sheer beauty of the song, the voice, and the occasional instrumental solo.

The Current ones - way too much instrumentation, and processing. Everything has an electronic shimmer, and too many instruments. It's hard to appreciate the song or the singer any more. Most of these unplugged versions have MORE instrumentation than their movie originals. Personally, I find Music Mojo, a series by local Channel Kappa TV in kerala, a lot closer to the ideal.

Last edited:
Personally, Coke studio and MTV unplugged in india could have been a lot more. The US unpluggeds had this minimal approach which let you appreciate the sheer beauty of the song, the voice, and the occasional instrumental solo.

The Current ones - way too much instrumentation, and processing. Everything has an electronic shimmer, and too many instruments. It's hard to appreciate the song or the singer any more. Most of these unplugged versions have MORE instrumentation than their movie originals. Personally, I find Music Mojo, a series by local Channel Kappa TV in kerala, a lot closer to the ideal.

Where I agree that the sound staging is not "unplugged" per se, but saying that addition of instruments have degraded the whole feel, I would disagree. Its just a different composition all together (ofcourse keeping the main track same) and some of them have really come out good. Exeption is the Guncha song which I guess is truly unplugged.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back